West Virginia High
School Wrestling

West Virginia Wrestling -- February 2004 Forum (Part Two)

Questions and comments welcome!

If you have some bit of West Virginia wrestling information to share, or a question or comment, here is the place.
Let's keep the discourse positive!
(Note: Flames, trash talk, and other items deemed inappropriate will not be posted).

To submit an item for the forum, click here to go to the forum submission page.

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page

February 10, 2004
comments: what weight class does matt lindamood wrestle in? i have not seen some of the kids mentioned. do they wrestle for their schools or just in local leagues?

February 10, 2004
comments: i just would like to add one coment to the people that think hwt finals at states will be dearmen and valentine well you all got dearmen right dont get cocky but valentine no offense but valentine is an excellent wrestler but i havent seen him wrestle this year but he needs to get in better shape then he was in last year that is the beauty of this sport anything can and will happen

February 10, 2004
comments: Looks like PHS is coming back to their winning ways, they were very impressive tonight, i didnt think they would handle brooke like that. watch out south, the Big Reds are back, and their healthy

February 10, 2004
comments: No Sean Smith has not wrestled any one in the top 8 in WV. BUT HE HAS WRESTLED AND BEAT WRESTLERS IN THE TOP 8 IN THE NATION.

February 10, 2004
comments: Tominacks upper body strength is real good, after joey realized that after being throw to his back, he started goin low for the legs and keeping tominack off balance allowed him to do that. But my hats off to him, he was down 7-2 to a state champ, but never quit, didnt quit til the buzzer sounded, literally. Also after watching Dearman tonight, theres no doubts about him. He will win state again. Whens the last time you've seen a HWT get a double leg takedown? the regional will probably have some state championship matches in them, so if you can, go to region 1.

February 10, 2004
comments: FINALLY, BRANDON RADER IS IN THE RANKINGS AT #12, SHOULD BE HIGHER I THINK. WHERE ARE WALTERS AND SHANE SMITH AT??????, PHS CRUSHED BROOKE AND WP TONIGHT, SOME GOOD MATCHES THERE, EWING BEAT LITTLE SHAW LIKE 8-2, EWING PINNED EWING, NO THAT WAS NOT A TYPO. TOMINACK AND LINDAMOOD WAS THE MAIN EVENT, VERY PHYSICAL MATCH, TIME JUST RAN OUT FOR LINDAMOOD AS IT APPEARED THAT HE GOT A TD RIGHT AT THE BUZZER TO TIE THE MATCH AT 10, BUT NO POINTS WERE AWARDED. BIG SHAW MOVED UP TO 145 TO TEST LITTON, HE FAILED AS LITTON WENT UP 9-0, THEN WHILE SHAW WAS ON BOTTOM, LITTON PICKED HIM UP THEN SLAMMED HIM AND SHAW FELL ON HIS HEAD, HE FINISHED THE PERIOD, BUT THEN FORFEITED THE MATCH. WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL MOVING UP AND DOWN WEIGHT CLASSES THIS LATE IN THE SEASON? ITS KIND OF STUPID. ALSO DANA DAVIS IS THE REAL DEAL, WATCH OUT CODI NORMAN.

February 10, 2004
comments: can anyone tell me if sean smith has wrestled any of the top 8 ranked kids this year? because i always see him at the top of the 152# weight class and i cant find anywhere where he has wrestled any of them. thanks.

February 10, 2004
comments: With all this talk about the Dutton Award and the citing of career records and the like, I would like to suggest Justin Ashley of Calhoun County. Should Ashley win out this season, including the state title at 130, he will have won three state titles in three years of wrestling. He will also have a record of something like 140-2. He did not wrestle as a freshamn because an injury. But should he win three titles it will not be the most in the family since his father, Matt Ashley, won four state titles at Spencer (now Roane County) but this was before the Dutton Award ever came along. Should Ashley win the state title he would tie his uncle Malcolm, who won three of them. Should Justin win the title this year the family will have won 10 state titles out of a possible 11. Not bad. And, fankly, he is every bit as deserving as anyone of the Dutton Award if you factor in career records too.

February 10, 2004
comments: There is no doubt in my mind that a plethora of West Virginians would be able to wrestle at the Division I level if they were able to to attend the school without a scholarship. With a limited amount of scholarships available per team (I think ten) most DI wrestlers are on partials to begin with. I believe that the key is for a wrestler and coach to sit back an honestly analyze the performance of the wrestler. If both believe that the wrestler's learning curve is on an upswing and both think that the wrestler is MENTALLY tough enough to bounce back after all of the butt-whuppin's he's gonna get his freshman year, then I say go for it! The best example of this is Clarion University's Gary Barton. This man had never so much as won a Pennsylvania SECTIONAL title in high school, but went on to claim a NCAA Division I national championship. College wrestling coaches don't have the enormous recruiting budgets that football coaches have so they are forced to go to places with proven talent. If you believe that you have the ability and mental toughness to wrestle at the DI level, send a tape in to some coaches and see who calls back. Most coaches would love to get more bodies in their wrestling room.

February 10, 2004
comments: The Dutton is based on the CURRENT SEASON's performance, but is HIGHLY INFLUENCED by the entire career of a wrestler. When looking at the accomplishments of the current season with respect to the careers, the top prospects for the award have to be, in no particular order: Lou Thomas, Casey Hughes, Shane Smith, Brandon Rader (although with the great class of Seniors I wouldn't give it to a Junior this year), and Mitch Smith. All will be going for their 3rd state title and all probably could have, should have, and/or will win their fourth, are undefeated in state this season and/or undefeated, and defeated extremely tough competition all season in their weight. (Thomas-Powerade and Beast performances, Rader-ditto, M. Smith-Smith and others, S.Smith-Norman and others, Hughes-OVAC Title, Richey, and others).

February 10, 2004
comments: The best pee wee wrestler in the state has to be Andy Thomas. He's already a 6x pee wee state champ. And hes Lou's brother...enough said.

February 10, 2004
comments: Nitro Fan: Just who from nitro is going to beat Rader, and Dearman? We'll find out tomorow

February 10, 2004
comments: Some 13-15 names to watch that will make some noise at the Jr. States in Parkersburg are Drew Jenkins, Tyrell Mason, Pat & Morgan Murphy & Erick Hinerman of East Fairmont Jr. Wrestling Club...All but Jenkins move on to HS next year, and should be on that map next year

Some pretty good 11-12 year olds as well are Hunter Wood, Steven Robe, Mason Bailey and Andy Church...All made serious impact at the Jr. High Level last year as 6th graders and kept it up this year as 7th graders...

February 10, 2004
comments: Some good matches tonight in the triangular at Parkersburg High. First match:

PHS 59-9
103 Felton (Br) dec. Stillgenbauer (PHS) 4-0
112 Ewing (PHS) dec. Jarrod Shaw (Br) 7-0
119 Hays (PHS) dec. Smith (Br) 3-0
125 Shyver (PHS) dec. McFarland (Br) 8-2
130 Rader (PHS) won by forf.
135 Ice (PHS) pinned Jesse Durbin (Br) 3rd (leading 11-0)
140 Bailey (PHS) maj.dec. Mike Durbin (Br) 13-4
145 Litton (PHS) won by inj.def. over Brenden Shaw (Br) (leading 9-0)
152 Dowler (PHS) pinned Henderson (Br) 3:19
160 Davis (Br) pinned Combs (PHS) 3:49 (leading @16-5)
171 Myers (PHS) maj dec Loughran (Br) 14-4
189 Lindamood (PHS) pinned Dulaney (Br) 1:10
215 Thomas (PHS) won by forf.
275 Dearman (PHS) pinned Molnar (Br) 3:16

PHS 52 Wheeling Park 24
103 Green (WP) pinned Stillgenbauer (PHS) @:45
112 Rush (WP) pinned Ewing (PHS) :32
119 Hays (PHS) maj.dec. Jewell (WP) 14-0
125 Shyver (PHS) pinned Kennedy (WP) 1:58
130 Rader (PHS) won by forf.
135 Ice (PHS) pinned Leifheit (WP) 5:40
140 Bailey (PHS) pinned Kneirim (WP) 2:57
145 Litton (PHS) pinned Hill (WP) :46
152 Mestrovic (WP) pinned Dowler (PHS) :45
160 Gibson (WP) dec. Combs (PHS) 5-0
171 Myers (PHS) pinned Kettlewell (WP) 5:40
189 Tominack (WP) dec. Lindamood (PHS) 10-8
215 Thomas (PHS) pinned Hercules (WP) 4:30
275 Dearman (PHS) pinned Staub (WP) 3:19

There were some very good matches, the most noteworthy was probably Tominack and Lindamood at 189. In the third Lindamood was letting Tominack up and taking him down as Tominack was going out of bounds. In the first period and a half, Tominack was showing his strength and technique against Lindamood. It was an excellent match.

Green looked like a champion at 103, and Rush also looked great. Shaw moved up to 145 and wrestled Litton in a repeat of last year's 130 regional final. Litton dominated him this year. Hays looked good in his matches, although he didn't get to wrestle Humphrey. Shyver looked good against McFarland, although McFarland also looked good. Dana Davis (160)wrestled very well - looked strong and solid. It will be interesting to see him against Norman in the regionals. Mike Durbin moved out of 130, so we didn't see the match up with Rader, but Durbin wrestled Bailey. Bailey did a good job, although Durbin was giving up some size. Myers wrestled well and handled Loughran from Brooke. Also, way to go Casey Ice - you wrestled like a winner tonight.

Tomorrow night - University, Nitro, and Herbert Hoover at 5:00.

February 10, 2004
comments: Just returned from the PHS quad, some great matches there, Ewing beat shaw, then got himself pinned against rush. Ewings good though, next time they meet i think it will be a different story. The big match of the night lindamood vs. tominack was soooooooo exciting, tominack got out to an early lead, then lindamood came back with takedown after takedown, controversial call at the buzzer about a tying takedown but ref didnt give it to him, tomincak won 10-8. Shaw bumped up to wrestle litton and litton was ahead 9-0 before shaw quit because of a injury. Other than that it was a great tri, well actually brooke did not wrestle WP. But goos matches, should be a good regional

February 10, 2004
comments: Is Tominack ok??? I think Lindamood will beat him in a couple weeks... Joey is just beginning to hit his stride... Lindamood took over after a poor first period...

February 10, 2004
comments: A-AA State Champs
103- Rash(Ind)
112- Miller(OG)over Cumpston(Cam)
119- Neal(SS)over Valles(WM)
125- Scarbro(SS)(if he's back) or Wright(OG)
130- I like Mahan(OG) over Ashley(Cal)... but never count out a 2-timer
135- Chambers(OG) over ah...Cummings(Cal)
140- Cumpston(Cam) over Flynt(Brxt)
145- Hughes(Cam) over Elder(Will)
152- Northcraft(OG) over Bosley(F).. or Metz(haven't saw him since last year..)
160- Smith(Will) over Railing (OG)
171- Tracewell(Will) over Stewart (Cam)
189- Smith(GW) over Ward (I)
215- Potts(OG) over Lowe (WC)
275- Freda(LC) over eh...Region 1 toss up, whoever is opposite Freda...
(all these are bracket pending)

AAA
103- Knapton(EF)over Green(WP) (i'll be better informed after Thursday)
112- Easter(N) over Rush(WP)
119- Turnbull(U) over Humphrey(WP)...let me see Hays more, could be him in #2
125- Shyver(P) over Garvin(M)... again, i might be better informed about the winner of this match after thursday when i see Garvin(but ya can't go wrong with someone who is probably Radar's practice partner ;) )
130- Radar(P) over Lodge(NM)
135- Gustines(JC) over Shaw (B) i'll know more about Gerosemovich after Thursday, and watch for Porter
140- Smith(R) over Smith (PS)
145- Litton(P) over Richey(JM)
152- Smith(PS) over Moore (EF)
160- Norman(PS) over Davis (B)
171- Walters(PS) over Cremeans(CM)
189- Tominack(WP) over Lindamood(P)
215- Thomas (P) over ... no frickin clue...?
275- Dearman(P) over Valentine (will see Valentine this week)
(remember, bracket pending) haha, have fun saying what you want tho

February 10, 2004
comments: One short observation - all the talk about Midland in the regionals is premature. About 1-2 years premature. They have started as many as 8 freshmen this year, have had numerous injuries and have only 2 seniors total. One could hardly expect them to vault past the excellent teams in their region when they are so young and beat up. There are also 8-10 more freshmen that are just a whisker behind waiting their turn. Next years crop of freshmen will include around 12-15 from Milton and 5-6 from B'Ville and include 5 WSAZ placers and the best of them are in the weights where the Knights will lose strength or are lacking. Wait a year or maybe two and then tout Midland as contending at regionals. Not taking anything away from those now competing but their best wrestling lies ahead. Perhaps they can return to their glory days of a few years ago ... time will tell.

February 10, 2004
comments: Point is going to be in the Cardinal Conference next year, which does not say much for wrestling because as it would stand now, the "tournament" would only be a quad because most of the teams do not have a wrestling program. However, Point is thrilled to get out of the SEOAL and back into West Virginia competition.

February 10, 2004
comments: Why is east side ranked 8th in the state when the only teams they wrestle outside of ncac's and their in county rivals (which beat the, North 39-36 and Fairmont Senior 48-24) are AA and only fairly decent teams. Any Comments?
February 10, 2004
comments: The Woodrow coaches moved everyone up a weight class for the coalfields. thomas will be at 152 from here on out. he gave up over 12 pounds and dominated everyone at 160, no one scored on him all day unless he optional started which he does a lot this year.

February 10, 2004
comments: Jay Thomas of Woodrow Wilson wrestled 160 at the coalfield conference because the coaches bumped every wrestler up a weight class. He wrestled the WSAZ jr high champion in the finals and was beating him 16-2(2 optional starts) in the 2nd period before he pinned him. He will be at 152 for the regionals and state.

February 10, 2004
comments: did ewing from parkersburg wrestle for a youth team last year? If so who? did he wrestle in youth state championships? If so how did he do and did he loose and to who?

February 10, 2004
comments: Why are you worried about Cabell Midland being ahead of Ripley? They had one good tourney. Midland of the past was dominating, but they aren't even top 10 today. Ripley will show that tommarrow, and Huntington and Nitro will show it at regionals. Region IV in a dogfight for 2nd? Please, Midland will have to battle for 3rd.

February 10, 2004
comments: AA Dutton Award winners
1990 - Todd Kendall, Spencer
1992 - R.C. Anderson, Cameron
1993 - Mike Mason, Williamstown
1996 - Jeremy Hart, Independence
1999 - Mike Miller, Wirt County

February 10, 2004
comments: Zack Basich,Heath Beecher,and Bryce Rush from Wheeling are three 13-15 year olds to keep your eye on.Basich beat Logan Martin from Riply last year in the finals. Beecher lost a close match in the finals to Dustin Haislip from S.Berkly.Rush took 3rd but wrestled very well in a tough weight class.Basich will be a freshman at Wheeling Central next year.Beecher will be following the Ritchy brothers to John Marshall High School,and Rush will be following in his brothers footsteps to Wheelng Park High School.Both Beecher and Rush are 2-time runner-ups in the West Virginia Jr. States.

February 10, 2004
comments: comments: can anyone tell me who wrestles 103, 171, 275 for buckhannon-upsher........135 and 145 for ripley.......103, 215 for elkins...........112, 130, 135, 171 for robert c. byrd......130 for riverside.....112, 130, 160 for greenbrier east.......and 103, 112 for nicholas county. all teams are in region 3 i am trying to see how it will stack up this year. i would appericate anyones help filling in these blanks for me

February 10, 2004
comments: The West Liberty westling school is being held June 13-17 this year. The featured coach this year is Troy Sunderland of Penn State. Info can be had by calling Coach Monseau at 304-336-8230

February 10, 2004
comments: I agree that Shane Smith sould be the Dutton Award winner, the Dutton award is based on a wrestlers 4 year career. He will be a three time state champ and he would have probably won it as a freshman anywhere but where Eric Noel was.

February 10, 2004
comments: To: Curious
Based on what I gather, the Dutton Award criteria is primarily based on what a wrestler does in the current season. Yes, Rader decisioned Garvin twice last year, and pinned him once. Garvin's only other loss last year was to Porter at the state tourney, and he ended the season 44-4 overall. Again, that was last year. So far this year, Garvin is 40-0, has faced whoever has come on the mat against him, and has given up 6 offensive points. 2 takedowns, and one reversal. He is as much a candidate as anyone else at this point. The final decision will be made by those on the selection committee after everyone goes to the big dance in Huntington anyway.

February 10, 2004
comments: Correction, Ron Green of Wheeling Park did not win the OVAC tourn., he lost in the finals 1-0 to Myers from Indian Creek.

February 10, 2004
comments: South Wrestling Fan: Better yet, lets combine the schools, and take on Blair. Hey, we might have a shot. Plus if combined, they'd win a state title in just about every sport in WV. I wish they didnt travel so much, although iam a PHS fan, I still go see South wrestle when I can. I wish the regional was here to. When will it be back in p-burg again?

February 10, 2004
comments: WALDO INO: TELL ME WHO IS RECRUITING THEM? WHAT SCHOOLS? THEY BOTH ARE EXCELLENT WRESTLERS....BUT, THE D1 RECRUITERS PROBABLY WERENT WATCHING THEM AT THE BIG TOURNIES THEY WENT TO BECAUSE THEY WERENT IN THE TOURNY FOR VERY LONG. PLUS, LOU THOMAS AND RADER ARE JUST DOMINANT. THEY DO REAL WELL AT THE TOUGH TOURNIES AND IN THE STATE. THE THING ABOUT SHANE IS HE IS IN A/AA. IM NOT TO SURE BUT WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME AN AA/A WRESTLER WON THE DUTTON AWARD? ANYONE KNOW? AND YOU HAVE TO ADMIT AA/A IS WEAKER THAN AAA IN TOUGHNESS. I KNOW SHANE CAN BEAT THE BIG BOYS IN AAA, HES PROVED IT EVERY YEAR, BUT THE SMALL SCHOOL DIVISION DOESNT GET AS MUCH CREDIT THAN AAA.

February 10, 2004
comments: the Nitro 130 pounder is going to win the state along w/ the heavyweight

February 10, 2004
comments: Green is a great 103, but he was second at the OVAC tournament losing 1-0 in the finals to Myers of Indian Creek, Ohio.

February 10, 2004
comments: PLEASE, when posting team polls, don't put Cabell Midland ahead of Ripley. They have beat them everytime this year, except for MSAC. Wait until there dual is over Wednesday night. BELIEVE ME.

February 10, 2004
comments: I would like to see how the 103's from this year would compare to 99's 103 weight class. Matt Stevens, parkersburg Jeremy Layner P. South, Alex Reed Point Pleasant, Jonathan Delligatti Fairmont Senior, Justin Stanly Cabell Midland and Greg White North MArion. Now I think that was a tough 103. What do you think?

February 10, 2004
comments: wvmat man walker from western greenbrier is tough to.

February 10, 2004
comments: Guess my first post was a little harsh not to get posted.. Although, to the hedg. peep who made the remarks on why Billy Barbour lost to to a hedg. freshman 3 times... I do recall Billy aka William beating that hedg. wrestler formally known as Troy Foltz twice. Once in CVAL, and once in Jefferson tourney. Well, those seemed important. The first match they wrestled was Billy's first match of the year and just coming of football he just barely cut the amount of practice's to wrestle. Also, he lost to Troy in regional's for like 7th place and injured. I mean with all respect, what senior would want to wrestle his last match for 7th place in regional's? Heh, Not counting the knee brace he had on was so big that he might as well been dragging around another 40 pound dumbell. Although that was the only thing keeping his knee in socket. But, no excuses. Troy is a VERY good wrestle, so in all respect you are degrading both wrestler's by even bringing up something that happen two years ago. Besides, most should be watching out for his brother Mike instead of worrying what happen to Billy :)

February 10, 2004
comments: Hey anon: Saw where Thomas of WW wrestled at 160 in the Coalfield tourney.Is he going 152 or 160? If he stays at 160 he can entertain South's Cody Norman.

February 10, 2004
comments: Will the team rankings be out today Doc?
Editor's note: Delayed one day. Release tomorrow.

February 10, 2004
comments: does any one have induvidual dual results from the PVC meet? Musselman's team scores are posted, does any one have the results from Frankfort, Keyser, Berkeley Springs, or Petersburg? thank you very much

February 10, 2004
comments: To Eye-Strained: I haven't had any problems with the readability of this forum. I agree that the majority of posts are not written with proper grammar, however they do serve to get the point across. If you don't understand, don't criticize it with smart remarks. I am offended because I don't typically take the time to be gramatically correct. If there is a problem with the interpretation of a given post, just ask about it on the forum. Someone more intelligent, such as myself, will most likely be able to interpret it for you.

February 10, 2004
comments: For 103 I think everyone is forgetting Green, from Wheeling Park. He won the OVAC's. But 103 is loaded this year, Phalen, Fraley, Knapton, Haislip,Gustines,Stilgenbauer, Kellar, 103 will be a good class to watch at state.

February 10, 2004
comments: How in the heck is Braxton County ranked above Shady and Calhoun. Both teams have beat them in tournaments earleir in the season. Including the LKC this past weekend Calhoun beat them by 38 points. This is not even close. Whoever done the polls needs to think about what they are doing.

February 10, 2004
comments: Do you know when the west liberity wrestling camp is being held this year? any one ? thanks !!

February 10, 2004
February 10, 2004
comments: If Garvin won the Dutton Award how could you justify him getting it over Rader. Rader defeated him last year, decisioning him twice and pinning him once.

February 10, 2004
comments: I would like to see South and PHS put aside their rivalry long enough to put together and host a big wrestling tournament in Parkersburg.These two teams travel so much that we fans get denied the chance to see them wrestle in tournaments here in Parkersburg.If this is the wrestling capital of WV,then why don't they have something of this magnitude?Just a thought.

February 10, 2004
comments: Both, Kyle Walters and Sean Smith are being recruited by D-1 colleges. I think that would make them D-1 material. If you want to see more West Virginia wrestlers making it on the college level, you need to encourage them, not discredit them out of ignorance.

Shane Smith is the greatest amateur athlete in West Virginia. If he wants to wrestle D-1, he can. If he wants to play D-1 baseball, he can. If he wants to play D-1 football, he can. If he wants to do two D-1 sports, he can probably do that to. Shane has been on more all-state first teams than anyone I can remember. Football (3x), Wrestling (2x and counting, 1 runnerup), Baseball (2x and counting) and Track (1x and counting). I also hear he is the best basketball player in school. His future is baseball but that takes nothing away from what he has accomplished on the mat. He is the outstanding wrestler in AA/A (fact, 2003 tournament) and should win it again this year. He should be the WV 2004 Dutton Award winner but his lack of off season wrestling accolades (American Legion baseball doesn't get him points) will probably keep him from it.

West Virginia has had two Ironman Champions before that didn't even get votes in the Dutton balloting so just placing in national tournaments isn't going to be enough. (if so, then Casey Daggett and Ryan Metz got ripped off.) If Shane Smith wins the state this year, he is the closest thing we have to a 4x state champion and should be your Dutton Award Winner. (3 titles and a runner-up, next best is 3 titles and a fourth)

February 10, 2004
comments: anon: There are few D-1 scholarships for wrestling. South recognized their 4 seniors this past Saturday and 3 of them had perfect 4.00 grade averages.One of them is Kyle Walters who is intelligent enough to do whatever he chooses and will probably enter the medical field. That is a greater accomplishment than any pin or state title he has ever won,in my opinion.(not taking away from all his wrestling accomplishments).Saying he could'nt wrestle in college at D-1 level kinda secondary.

February 10, 2004
comments: Coalfield Conference Results for Raleigh County
103 Sexton (indy) 1st
113 Rash (indy) 1st
119 Neal (shady) 1st
125 Meade (WW) 1st Taylor (shady) 2nd
130 Harvy (shady) 1st
135 Chapman (shady) 1st
140 Stewart (indy) 1st Evans (WW) 3rd
145 McQuillen (WW) 1st Meadows (SS) 2nd
152 Wilson (WW) 1st
160 Thomas (WW) 1st
171 Thompson (shady) 1st Troche (WW) 3rd J Ward (Indy) 4th
189 R Ward (indy) 2nd
215 Llado (WW) 4th
hvy McMillion (shady) 1st Lilly (indy) 4th

Woodrow Wilson bumped every wrestler up one weight class for the Coalfield Tournament.

I want to say Independence did a great job hosting the Coalfield Tournament this year. Having to move the tournament from Indy to Shady the night before (without any power at indy) was a great accomplishment for your team. Thank you Coach Gilson for keeping the tournament moving having only one short break and having a great concession. THANK YOU

February 10, 2004
comments: Woodrow Wilson forfeits #103, #112, #215 and Heavyweight

February 10, 2004
comments: To: Eye-Dtrained
I dont understand. I had no problem at all reading the caps lock, and if someone has a mispelled word so be it i mean this isn't a formal document. This site was created for the enjoyment and communication of WV high school wrestling fans so lets keep it that way. I mean seriously do we need to worry about paragraphs and punctuation if we wanna jot down a thought we have on a subject?? I hope not.

February 10, 2004
email: royalhunter2003@yahoo.com
comments: Sargus,
Contact me ASAP. Very important. 1-8240.

February 10, 2004
comments: WVMat man: Don't forget about Matt Lindamood in the 13-15 div.He Joey's little bro.

February 10, 2004
comments: Another 13-15 year old to keep an eye on in the next few years is David Dennis of Ravenswood. Multiple youth state champ that is wrestling for Patriots, since Ravenswood has no youth or middle school program.

February 10, 2004
comments: Why are people saying that 215 is weak? Lou, Hutchinson, Wojo, Bryant, Bennet, Mauck, Anderson, Davis, Varney, Linville, Rawson, and that is just AAA. I know AA/A won't matter at the AAA state tourney, but all year these kids competed with the likes of Lowe, Tench, Hill, and Potts. I guess other than Lou there isn't a Smith or Easter at this weight, but they all have to battle to place.

February 10, 2004
comments: Lou Thomas placed 4th as a freshman in 2001

February 10, 2004
comments: I think Jared Garvin from Morgantown could potentially win the dutton award if he can stay undefeated to win the title at 125

February 10, 2004
comments: Forum Users: I'd like to offer several tips that may improve the readability of this forum.

1. Turn off the "CAPS LOCK" key. You know how hard this is to read?

2. If your post is in the neighborhood of a gazillion characters, break it down into paragraphs - you know, like they all taught us back in 2nd grade!

3. Use the Dictionary feature at the top of the page. Believe it or not, there is usually only one proper spelling to a word.

4. Punctuation would be nice every so often. Helps by letting us know when your sentence ends and the next begins (a capital letter to start a sentence would be nice also but I'm sure that's asking too much).

February 10, 2004
comments: Where is the Coalfield Conference Scores??

February 10, 2004
comments: i heard at the msac conference tournment ovr the weekend that richards from riverside was hurt and may be out for the season. if this is true will rowsey be able to step it up and make the state tournment?

February 10, 2004
comments: To the post about the sleepers: Theres always a sleeper, last year it was chad porter. This year who knows?!
103-wide open anyone could win this weight
112-could we see a Ewing-Rush final?
119-turnbull for sure, i like hayes as well in the finals
125-Shyvers got the edge, but kelly and garvin want in the finals
130-rader dominates
135-could porter prove us wrong again and be a finalist?
140- its all about the smiths
145-Litton vs who knows, its wide open to
152- its all about the sean and shawns
160- dana davis of brooke
171- no sleeper here, just a walters
189-they say tominacks a lock, but lindamood will give him a wake up call
215- possibly the weakest weight? why? BIG LOUUUUU
HWT-Valentine is very capable of being a state champ

February 10, 2004
comments: I cant wait until the Jr. States at East Fairmont. I do hope that the Jefferson team will be there, they are some great wrestlers on that team every year. Who is the coach for that team? Does he coach Middle school as well? They are always competitive in any tournament, I see them enter. I think if you want to know where the competition will be in the next 3-4 years in High School it will be from the East Fairmont team, and the Eastern Pannhandle team.... (J.J.W.A.) They always come down to the wire at the State tournament, it was a team win by East Fairmont last year by 3 points. Sportsmanship was also great form from those two teams. Hope to see you guys here. For the East team, go gett'em boys!! I will be behind you all 100%. Good luck to all.

February 10, 2004
comments: there will be no ban on cameras at the state tournament.
i think alot of the fuss was , due to the kid rock concert, and some problems that arose afterwards, about cameras getting lost at a secruity checkpoint.
again cameras will be allwoed at the state tournament.

February 10, 2004
comments: hey guys i herd that dereck scarbro is comming back 125s better watch out he is a great wrestler and knows what he is doing on the matt

February 10, 2004
comments: Pat Peters was refering to middle school wrestling. Tyler Dickel was not wrestling in middle school this year! Thanks for your comment but look a little closer before you type!

February 10, 2004
comments: I cant see how u say freda losing is an upset.A win is a win regardless of whats wrong with the other wrestler.He chose to wrestle and took that chance..Plus this is wreslting,any givin day at any givin time anyone can lose..So dont call it an upset , give the man his props and just say he wreslted a heck of a match!!

February 10, 2004
comments: These are some predictions for people who i think have a chance to finish high at the state tourney if things go well..
103 - Phalen - the talent to win the whole thing
112 - Ewing - STATE CHAMP
119 - Turnbull wins but look for Hays in the finals
125 - Garvin wins state
130 - Nothin can stop Rader Lodge to finish 2nd
135 - Shaw gives Gustines match and maybe wins
140 - Miller and Shaun Smith keep it close with Mitch
145 - Wide open weight class after Litton..look for Demastes to possibly take a 2nd place finish(pendin on pill)
215 - Anderson can keep it close with anyone in the state..except for Lou of course
275 - Valentine upsets Dearman

February 10, 2004
comments: did lou thomas not place in the state as a ninth grader. i was told he was going for his 4th state title but can only find were he has one 2 titles.

February 10, 2004
comments: I heard this was the last year Point Pleasant will be in the SEOAL Conference.....does anyone know what conference Pt. Pleasant will go to? My guess would be either Cardinal Conference or Little Kanawha Conference.....just my guess....anyone know for sure?

February 10, 2004
comments: I would just like to say goodluck to all the wrestlers this year at states. Especailly, goodluck to all the Ripley Wrestlers and to my lil bro, Seth...Keep up the hard work and the title will be yours.

February 10, 2004
comments: I would like to congratulate Wirt's Daniel Allen on his win over Dustin Bartrug this past weekend at the LKC's. Keep up the good work!!!!!

February 10, 2004
comments: Re: Cameras at the State Tournament.
An article in the local paper said they would see if they were part of the original contract and if so they would be allowed and if not , no. This ridiculous policy all stems from a recent Kid Rock show where patrons were told they could leave cameras, etc. with security on a special table since Kid Rock was filming a video and the flashes would have interfered. When the patrons came back there was no table, no cameras, etc. and they were told that's tough you shouldn't have brought them in the first place. A big local stink ensued and then the arena just said no cameras at any paid event (exempting graduations, etc.)Please feel free to express you comments and displeasure to the arena and the mayor along with city council. I am sure many parents want videos and or photos of their wrestlers matches. Many schools also film and then produce highlight videos and this policy will prevent that. Let's hope Coach Archer can twist a few arms and get cameras allowed!

February 10, 2004
comments: AS AN OFFICIAL OF THE GREATEST SPORT ON EARTH FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS, I HAVE SEEN MANY OUTSTANDING WRESTLERS THROUGH OUT THE STATE. AS TO WHO WAS THE BEST OF ALL TIME, I WOULD SAY THAT ANY!!! FOURTIME STATE CHAMPION SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. TO WIN FOUR TITLES REGARDLESS OF THE SO CALLED LEVEL OF COMPETITION IS TRULY AN OUTSTANDING FEAT!!! AS FAR AS WRESTLING TO THE NEXT LEVEL IT'S KIND OF HARD TO IGNORE THE GUYS THAT WENT ON TO BECOME ALL AMERICANS AGAIN AT ANY LEVEL BUT ESPECIALLY AT THE DIVISION ONE LEVEL. AS FAR AS THE TOUGHEST GUYS TO NOT WRESTLE IN COLLEGE IT'S VERY HARD TO SAY THAT THOSE FOLKS COULDN'T COMPETE BECAUSE IN SOME CASES CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL PREVENTED THEM FROM GOING TO COLLEGE. WHO IS OR WAS THE BEST IS A TOPIC THAT WILL BE DISCUSSED FOR MANY YEARS TO COME BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET THAT THE NAMES, CHERTOW, MASON, SAMPLES, BRANCH, KIRBY, SCHENERLEIN, SOLE, MOORE, ASHLEY, GREATHOUSE, KENDALL, EASTER, S. BOSLEY, AND W. PAYNE ALL ARE MENTIONED, AS WELL AS ALL OF THE OTHERS THAT HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED IN THIS FORUM. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ONLY GUY TO WIN ALL OF HIS MATCHES BY FALL FOR A ENTIRE SEASON INCLUDING THE STATE TOURNEY. HIS NAME WAS HEAVYWEIGHT JUNIOR MCCLANAHAN OF LITTLE OL' MEADOWBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL WHO WAS KILLED IN A TRAGIC ACCIDENT. I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE WAS THE BEST WRESTLER EVER JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
ANOTHER 4 TIMER WAS MILLER OF WIRT. ADDITIONALLY I SHOULD REMIND FOLKS THAT UNTIL THEY WENT TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM AROUND THE STATE THERE WERE A LOT OF THREE TIMERS THAT ALSO DESERVE MENTION. ALSO CONSIDER THAT YEARS AGO THERE WERE NOT TWO CLASSES BUT ONE WHICH ALSO PUTS A MONKEYWRENCH INTO WHO IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
R.C. ANDERSON ALSO IS ON THE LIST OF 4 TIMERS. JUST THINK HOW MUCH PRESSURE MUST HAVE BEEN ON ALL OF THE 4 TIMERS AND HOW TERRIFIC IT MUST HAVE FELT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. AGAIN IT'S VERY HARD FOR ME TO NOT CONSIDER THESE GUYS AS THE BEST EVER IN OUR STATE.

February 10, 2004
email: info@genesisstudio.com
comments: NCAC Tournament photos from 2-7-04 @ University High in Morgantown can be viewed and purchased at www.eventpix.com >event guest > search-"uhs ncac 2-7-04" password-"wrestling" photos are in order of events.For optimal viewing,change the drop bar to "25 photos per page".

February 10, 2004
comments: at point pleasant middle school the have in my opion is the best run team in west viginia they have won every torny that the have been to and the have had numerous champions including jared searls derrick mitchel aj jeffers josh woods tre' pyles and john hipes and there coach david darst is one of the best to beable to put out championship teams year after year .

February 10, 2004
comments: How in the world do you have braxton above shady?

February 10, 2004
comments: the hard work at bridgeport has paid off. i salute you and your ambition. the quality of wrestling will continue raise in harrison county. what mike mason, and community (yes community, people want to whine about bhs, but lets face it when they do something they do it right)has accomplished in 2 years is amazing. the clarksburg junior wrestling family deserves a pat on the back. cjw does not feed bhs(at least 1 bhs wrestler was a panther. bpt now has its own junior club-nice to see wrestling flurish) the hard work of many people in that club during the last 20 yrs is noticable and kept wrestling alive.(lincoln is in its first year of wrestling) the talent in harrison co is now being developed. summer wrestling & freestyle wil soon be available if it isnt already. middle school wrestling will probably come about if bridgeport joins the clarksburg minds of wrestling and pushes the school board. wrestlers are lost in harr. co because of the lack of middle school wrestling. i sometimes imagine what harr co athletics (especially wrestling) would be if there were not so many schools in the area. i saw the nixon - freda match at grafton i also saw the match at bhs. i did not see thier first match but was told freda was the better wrestler.(he is also more expierinced) the match a bhs was close. you could tell nixons coaches broke film down and established a game plan-nixon hung in and made it a match even though every though freda would overwhelm him. nixon did pin aj at the big 10 - great job! you and probably only you were the only one whothough you could win(you mom would have bet on freda if someone was bookin) you did not quit or worry about someones record, you gave it your best-matches like freda-nixon are why we wrestle. aj your display of sportsmanship was commendable you showed some class. if you are reading this if want you to know I LOOKED TO SEE HOW YOU HANDLED YOURSELF AFTER YOUR LOSS AND I WAS PROUD OF YOU-YOU TOOK IT LIKE A MAN A WARRIOR. all wrestlers people watch you - some some class and honor. i like how nixon and freda walked the court together to recieved awards. 5 years from now when everyone forgets abouts records and champions I WILL REMEMBER 1 THING HOW AJ HANDLED DEFEAT. its easy to show class when u win but the true test is in defeat. WOW I LOVE WRESTLING AND THE CHARACTER IT BUILDS IN OUR YOUTH and the above said words are why. wrestling-the oldest sport in the world. i also liked RCB's camo jerseys and war eagle shouts from their fans after they won, pretty awsome.

February 10, 2004
comments: Patriot man: I have never seen green wrestle, is he a freshman? But he is definitely good if he won OVAC's. Rush is tough, but Easter is just to much, I say Easter like 7-2 or something. and at 189 Tominack will not pin everyone he faces, there are about 5 other guys that will give him all he wants, 2 of them could probably beat him. Lindamood, and Delligatti would have a great shot at beating him.

February 10, 2004
comments: Can you tell me how the team points go in a tournment where they are only placing the top 3 in each weight class. Placing points & advancement pts. PLEASE

February 10, 2004
comments: i'm not from bridgeport, but i think they deserve to be congratulated on their exemplary performance. keep in mind, whether you believe certain wins were flukes or not, that this is only their second year EVER with a wrestling team. i think their accomplishments are amazing, and wrestlers, coaches, and staff deserve to be congratulated. on another note, could someone tell me who won each weight class at the coalfield conference tournament? did they even have it? please let me know. thanks.

February 10, 2004
comments: I think smith should be the clear favorite at 152. If you believe in comparing relative scores, Chance Litton bumped up to wrestle the East Fairnmont kid and won 12-0. I think Smith and Litton would be a good match with Litton winning a close one.

February 10, 2004
From: anon comments: TO WHOMEVER TOLD ME MY PREDICTIONS WERE WAY OFF. I AGREE THAT TURNBULL, RADER, MITCH ARE THE BEST IN THE STATE. BUT SHANE SMITH AND WALTERS ARE NOT D 1 MATERIAL, PLUS SHANE IS GOING TO COLLEGE FOR BASEBALL. WHY DONT YOU THINK LOU THOMAS IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATE? HE IS THE HIGHEST RANKED WV'ER IN THE NATION. PLUS HE DID BEAT THE NUMBER 1 GUY IN THE NATION AT THE TIME. LOU THOMAS WILL BE WRESTLING D1, HE ALREADY VISITED MICHIGAN STATE, TURNBULL IS AT WVU. WE'LL SEE WHERE SHANE AND WALTERS GO, BUT I CAN GURANTEE YOU ITS NOT A D1 SCHOOL.
ALSO FOR 119, DIDNT JAKE HAYES GET RUNNER UP LAST YEAR? YES, HE HAS HAD KIND OF A DOWN YEAR BUT HE WILL PICK IT UP, HE BEAT RINER AT MSAC, NOONE THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BEAT HIM. HE WILL MAKE STATES I PROMISE YOU. 189 DELIGATTI HAS DECISIONED NOECHEL 2 TIMES, LINDAMOOD PINNED HIM, TOMINACK HASNT HAD ANY GOOD IN STATE COMPETITION YET, WE'LL SEE HOW HE DOES AGAINST LINDAMOOD TUES.

February 10, 2004
comments: My apologies to AAA Watcher and MHS 112 pounder if you thought I was critical of him. I didn't think I was. I made the statement it was a high calibre match. I had no idea he was a first year wrestler. What I saw were two kids battling it out on the mat. I didn't realize Buck-Ups wrestler was a female until the MHS kid was grinding her face into the mat and I saw the eyeshadow.I also made the comment that I thought she lost the match because she lost her concentration and that the final score was not indicative of the effort put forth by both wrestlers. I did not intend that anyone would think I was making excuses as to why she lost. I've seen hundreds of posts on this forum making that same comment when two male wrestlers meet. "So and so may have beat so and so at the ABCXYZ tournament but the final score doesn't tell what truly happened." I thought it was a good match, between two good competitors; in the end the first year wrestler won, despite his opponents years of experience,and despite the fact that she bloodied his nose. I don't think I implied that it was less of a win because she was a girl. It was a hard fought match between two tough competitors. I stated a fact, she bloodied his nose, it happened because they were at each other head to head, and were equally aggressive. I didn't mean it as a dis on him. I didn't say he won because he was a boy, I said it was a good match and from where I was sitting it looked like she lost her concentration and he didn't. It was my intent to point out that there is a new breed of female wrestler on the mat. These are young women who love the sport and are approaching it as athletes. They are conditioning in the off season, lifting weights, running and going to camps Twenty years ago when we first had females in our youth league it was an attention getting device. Fifteen years ago when my oldest son had to wrestle girls in middle school it was embarrassing. He'd get a take down and pin them as gently as possible. I just think it's great that girls are getting the experience and are wrestling competitively. I also think that every parent who could only manage to produce sons (like myself) needs to give a thumbs up to these young women, (who may keep us from having a sport that we love drummed out of existence by Title IX. I am ashamed to admit that twenty years ago at youth league matches I used to tell my oldest son, "pin that girl as viciously as possible and teach her that she doesn't belong in this sport" Thankfully he didn't listen to his mom and was never a jerk on the mat. After twenty years of watching wrestling I'm more enlightened now. I do think that gender is an issue, if it weren't then why do we have men's and women's cross country, men's and women's soccer, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming events, women's softball and men's baseball, and seperate track and field events for women ? At the high school level (and the sports I'm aware of) only golf, marksmanship, and wrestling do not seperate the boys from the girls. You earn your spot on the team based on merit. Any female who loves wrestling and is working hard to compete with the men deserves our respect, that's all, as do all the male wrestlers who work hard to win a match. My comments are based on my experience with female wrestlers at several levels who expected special treatment. Ten years ago our high school had a girl on the team who wrestled JV. The coach told his wrestler's to help the mat club and turn out to work the youth tournament. She signed up for a four hour shift, showed up, worked for half and hour and told me she had to leave, and quite frankly that's how she wrestled, she wanted credit for just showing up. There are a lot of male athletes who do that too, but when they do it they aren't giving males every where a bad rep. With all the strides we've made in attaining equality for women, we still have a long way to go and these female wrestlers are still spending more time under the microscope than their male counterparts. In the past twenty years I've observed the positive evolution of female wrestling and I think it's great. When my son wrestled girls in middle school it was a dilemma, if you pinned them too roughly or too quickly you were a jerk, if you kept them on the mat too long you were a jerk. The young women who compete today have eliminated that problem for their male opponents. The female wrestlers of the twenty-first century are a new breed, dedicated and athletic, when they win, they've earned it, conversely when they lose their opponent has earned it.

February 10, 2004
comments: I guess we will see if nixon over freda was a fluke or not at the regional tournament.

February 10, 2004
comments: Just some information about the length of the NCAC tournament at University High School. First of all the breaks that were taken had nothing to do with "things to sell" at the concession stand. Even though every weight class did not have the full compliment of wrestlers that does not neccesarily mean that the tournament will run faster. The two breaks that were taken were taken so that wrestlers would have thier required 45 minutes rest between matches. Just some information.

February 10, 2004
comments: We have been contacted by several individuals about adding a light heavyweight class to the 7-8 Age Group for the West Virginia Junior States. After much discussion, the organizers of the event (Wood County Jr. Wrestling Coaches) have decided that a weight class cannot be added at this late stage.

As we are always looking for ways to improve the tournament, we will be looking very closely at the heavyweight classes of all age groups so that, in future years, we can attempt to limit mismatches in size, to the extent possible. This will include writing down the actual weight of all heavyweight wrestlers this year.

February 10, 2004
comments: I saw MSAC results. We all new P'burg was gonna win and H'town second but how about cabell midland 3 rd, over two top ten teams?Fluke or does sparks have thoughs freshmen coming on at the right time?Looks like region four may be a dog fight for second.

February 10, 2004
comments: Personally, I appreciate the fact that the people looking at the Dutton candidates have decided to look OUTSIDE Wood Co. as well as inside and around it this year. I don't dispute your guys as contenders, but Thomas, Ashley, and Hughes are legit too!

February 10, 2004
comments: Congratulations Brandon Dye for 100 win this weekend. Keep up the good work.

February 10, 2004
comments: can anyone tell me who wrestles 103, 171, 275 for buckhannon-upsher........135 and 145 for ripley.......103, 112, 275 for woodrow wilson...............103, 215 for elkins...........112, 130, 135, 171 for robert c. byrd......130 for riverside.....112, 130, 160 for greenbrier east.......and 103, 112 for nicholas county. all teams are in region 3 i am trying to see how it will stack up this year. i would appericate anyones help filling in these blanks for me.

February 10, 2004
comments: How could Lou Thomas NOT be considered a possible dutton award winner? If were talking about what he's done this then lets talk about it. Ironman, 2nd toughest tourny in the country RUNNER-UP, Beast of the East tourny, number 1 tough tourny in the country, RUNNER-UP, Powerade tourny, 6th toughest tourny in country, CHAMPION. MSAC champ, has not lost to a WV wrestler, pinned his best in state competition so far. What else is there to say. If the winner was given to the wrestler just for what he's done in WV this year then it'd be a tie between:Easter,Ewing, Turnbull, Shyver, Rader, Gustines, Porter, Mitch, Litton, Sean Smith, Walters, Tominack, Lindamood, Delligatti, Thomas, and Dearman would all tie for it in AAA because i dont think any of them has lost to a WV opponenet this year. There may be others to that I left out and just didnt know of.

February 10, 2004
comments: i just wanted to thank Doc for this website. I have checked out several other states' sites, and this is one of the best. The format is clear, with good info available. I really appreciate the time and effort taken to put this together.

February 10, 2004
comments: Of your five picks for OW in the state, two are ranked high nationally only because of what they did in freestyle. They certainly have not beaten any nationally ranked wrestlers during their regular season career.

February 10, 2004
comments: A few 13-15 names that come to mind..
Logan Martin Ripley
Makenzie Peters Will
Brandon Wilson Pleas.
Cameron Gallager
Andy Thomas PHS
Tommy Little not sure what grade he is in. REAL GOOD
Mike Prince if he gaines some weight, Could be a stud 103 for Shady.
R Ferril WG
I also saw a Z Amick kid I beleive from the Young Guns at Clarksburg.. Who is he? Where did he come from? Ive been to several youth tourneys and never seen him. Looked pretty tuff at 13-15 116

February 10, 2004
comments: Sorry to have to write this, but I disagree with the statement that the MSAC tournament went smooth and hopefully if it's held there again they will train their helpers on the clocks. They repeatedly stopped, went blank, or did not clear and start when needed. For an event such as this I believe this should have been addressed. As for the wrestling, GREAT, could not have been better. Saw some of the best wrestlers in the State!!

February 9, 2004
comments: to superman,regarding comment made 2-4-04 to spiderman...I think your comments about mike barbour's older brother(billy) were a little more than an exaggeration.If he was as great as you think, then why in his senior year did he get beat,not once,or twice,but THREE times by a FRESHMAN from Hedg.? NO EXCUSES,like..he gave up weight,he was sick,or he had a broken wrist,etc...

February 9, 2004
comments: does any one have induvidual dual results from the PVC meet? Musselman's team scores are posted, does any one have the results from Frankfort, Keyser, Berkeley Springs, or Petersburg? thank you very much

February 9, 2004
comments: congratulations BHS Wrestlers, coaches, wrestlerettes, parents, and community. all your hard work, dedication, excellent coaching, team spirit and excitement for wrestling was well represented in the Big Ten Conference Championship Tournament win. You have ALL come so far in such a short time...WE are proud of all of you!!!

Zach Nixon's 275 win was no fluke, he has just worked hard, been coached well, wrestled "smart" and respects his opponents

February 9, 2004
comments: I'm sure they'd allow cameras in for the state tournament. Parents want to tape their kids matches, especially the state finals matches. They allowed them last year. So they should this year?

February 9, 2004
comments: To Anon, Your predictions are way off on the 119 and the 189. Your pick at 119 may not even get out of the region!! 189 maybe 4th 5 th or 6th at State. After reading the Parkersburg Newspaper on Sunday i can see thet the Dutton Award will probably be based on who has done what in the previous years or summer wrestling!! What a joke if that figures in this award!! The best wrestlers in the state are 119 Kyle Turnbull 130 Brandon Rader 140 Mitch Smith 160 Shane Smith 171 Kyle Walters!! PERIOD!! All 5 are Division 1 Future wrestlers.

February 9, 2004
comments: Viani from FSHS won because shumate injured his leg during the match and couldnt finish.

February 9, 2004
comments: I AM A PHS FAN, NOT A SOUTH FAN, ALSO SEAN SMITH IS ALOT BETTER THAN LAST YEAR, AND MOORE HASNT IMPRESSED ME TO MUCH THIS YEAR. NEVER SEEN THOMAS WRESTLE, I HOPE YOU PROVE ME WRONG BUT UNTIL THEN IM STICKING WITH SEAN SMITH

February 9, 2004
comments: Yes, the Matt Smith wrestling for Ohio University is the same Matt Smith who was a state champ for Ripley. He's officially the starter now and was recently ranked 4th in the MAC at 125. You can occasionally see him cheering on his baby brother (Mitch) when he doesn't have a match and vice versa, as well as helping out with the entire Ripley team whenever he gets a chance.

February 9, 2004
comments: Yeah I was at the match and it seem like a big fluke to me. Nixon got lucky one time and everybody makes a big deal. Nixon is a strong kid but he isn't as good as Freda. And yes Freda was sick he had a Temperature and a bad cold. He was dehydrated and should have stayed home instead of wrestling but he opted to try it instead. So King boy step on the mat with Freda sometime and see if he isn't the real deal.

February 9, 2004
comments: What time is the PHS makeup Tri going to be starting on Tuesday?

February 9, 2004
comments: what are the results of the coalfield conf. tourney

February 9, 2004
comments: who are some good 13-15 yr. olds to watch at the jr. states. who are some kids that will make an impact on their high school teams?

February 9, 2004
comments: : Caution :
This is a Warning! The Wheeling Park Patriots will have 3 state Champions and 2 in the Consolation Finals in Huntington. First off Ron Green will win his first of several state titles. Second Abbie Rush beats Easter in OT. Cody Tominack pins everyone he wrestles.

February 9, 2004
comments: First off Great job to Judd Billings, you are peeking at the right time kid. Second, I want to say great wrestling to Sam Dennis. Sam I know your not happy will 3rd but kid let me tell you I think 152 is going to be your class. You will finish 2nd in the region behind Metz. But then at states your will make a run at the title. You look some much stronger at 152 and a lot healthier. Good luck and keep it up.

1. Metz - Best wrestler
2. Dennis - Dark Horse
3. Northcraft - (in metz braket at states)
4. Bosley - Dennis upsets bosley with a third period fall
5. Wince - big win for 5th
6. Efaw - loses to Wince in OT (best conso match)
* Miller just mises placing after beating both Wince and Efaw in Region.

These are just my predictions. Thats all. But I feel everyone should look out for Dennis. He is on a mission. He is stronger and healthier now that he doesnt have to cut the extra weight.

February 9, 2004
comments: Sean Smith beat Frerichs...also lost to him in double overtime, but go and look at the national rankings and see where Frerichs is...and you'll have your answer. Go ahead and underestimate all you want, but you have to sit a kid if they arent healthy before the state tournament.

February 8, 2004
comments: Nixon was not hammered. He has been beaten once by points and one by pin. Both matches lasted into the 3rd period. Both boys are strong and neither were sick that day. Pinmaster that is just one big excuse they both had a good match and both did very well. Pinmaster where u even at the match? Dont speak if u dont know what ur talking about.

February 8, 2004
comments: To: One really old and tired fan
First I agree with you about the length of the tournament. I guess they had alot of stuff to sell at the concession stand. But your commets about the MHS 112 pounder are not just. My information is that this kid is a first year wrestler, which MHS has alot of all the time. And Woodall has been around wrestling for some time. Gender doesn't make someone good or bad at this sport, experience does.

February 8, 2004
comments: can the state tournament seed be picked 2 years in a row?

February 8, 2004
comments: i saw on the news were the big sandy arena( civic center) said that any event they held that they took a ticket at the door they would not allow any camereas allowed in the areana....will this be lifted at the state meet?

February 8, 2004
comments: The NCAC and MSAC tournaments were good ones, University has a good squad, and Huntington put up a good fight with PHS. This could be a confidence booster for PHS. Also Ohio University, Matt Smith at 125. Is that the Matt Smith from Ripley? Just looked at a OU result and he pinned. The PHS, Brooke, WP tri will be something to go to if you dont have anything to do tuesday evening. I'll def. be there. Ewing/Shaw Tominack/Lindamood, Rader/Durbin, Shyver/McFarland, plus im sure many more good matches.

February 8, 2004
comments: saw that viami from fairmont Sr. finished 3rd in the NCAC above shumate from north marion, is there a score or was this duals or what? also saw alot of vacant 3rd place on placements why? does someone have the actual match scores to post?

February 8, 2004
comments: Who has Sean Smith wrestled in WV???????? Jay Thomas or Shawn Moore will give Sean Smith all he wants and more. You should't rush and put Smith in the finals until you see which of these 2 he wrestles in the semi's. And yes you have been very partial to Parkersburg South and if he would have wrestled WSAZ's we wouldn't be having this discussion.

February 8, 2004
comments: There is a triangular on Tuesday night against WP and Brooke. It is a make-up match which was cancelled due to weather. It was originally scheduled to be a quad, but Fairmont Senior is not participating in the make-up match.

February 8, 2004
comments: Nice to see Shyver bounce back from his injury to win the MSAC title. Good Job! PHS and HHS pretty much dominated the tourny it looks like. PHS defeating 6 HHS wrestlers in finals matches. PHS had 8 champs, I know it was only the conference tourny, but it looks like the Big Reds are getting back on track. What happened to Ewing? Anyone know?

February 8, 2004
comments: (Little Kanawha Cauliflower Club) has a list of all multiple Jr state champs. The top of the list looks like this:
CHAD PORTER 8
MITCH SMITH 7
JAKE HAYES 7
SO ON

February 8, 2004
comments: WHO ELSE IN 152 CAN GIVE SEAN SMITH A GOOD MATCH? ALSO HERE ARE MY PREDITCIONS FOR HOPEFUL STATE FINALISTS.
103-FRALEY VS. KNAPTON
112-EASTER VS. RUSH
119-TURNBULL VS. HAYES
125-SHYVER VS. MCFARLAND
130-RADER VS. DURBIN
135-GUSTINES VS. SHAW
140-SMITH VS. SMITH
145-LITTON VS. RICHEY
152-SMITH VS. ??
160-NORMAN VS.??
171-WALTERS VS. CREMEANS
189-TOMINACK VS. LINDAMOOD
215-THOMAS VS. HUTCHINSON
HWT-DEARMAN VS. VALENTINE

February 8, 2004
comments: There is a triangular on Tuesday night against WP and Brooke. It is a make-up match which was cancelled due to weather. It was originally scheduled to be a quad, but Fairmont Senior is not participating in the make-up match.

February 8, 2004
comments: "Cannot Understand" should try to listen and maybe he will understand. True, any match with 5 or more teams counts as 2 weigh-ins, so it makes sense to get as much bang for your buck as you can. The best way to do this would be to get your kids into a tournament where they could get 10 matches. The next best way would be to instead wrestle 2 separate quads ( but, just 6 matches). While it is true that some teams aren't getting as many matches for their kids as they could be, there are other factors involved that may be working against them. Many coaches may have input on their schedule, but just as many may have to wrestle the schedule that athletic directors or administrators put before them. It is true that if wrestlers are only getting 20-25 matches they could or should be getting 10-15 more. Perhaps this is a problem where you are and needs to be addressed at a more local level instead of generalizing as a southern coaches v. northern coaches issue. It is also true that it would be nearly impossible to schedule those 10-match tournaments every weekend and get the maximum 70 matches (this would be the absolute maximum, but virtually impossible) because there are only a few out there to go to. Because to wrestle more matches would be in the best interest of the kids, some might get so "creative" with scheduling that they convince themselves it's OK to break the rules. For this reason, I agree with another post that about 50 matches would be the amount it would take to make me ask how. You mentioned in your first post that northern schools are wrestling year round. This can't be true or they'd be breaking the rules. They do wrestle alot, as many southern kids do,in the youth leagues. Maybe you're just saying that more of our kids need to get involved in that. Why don't we hear what some of the coaches you think are doing the right things have to say about all of this. My opinion is that the northern coaches have nothing over anyone else. There are good, dedicated coaches and there are some that may not be so dedicated all over the place. Down in the heart of the state there are some fine youth leagues and feeder schools, which is the key to a successful high school program. The cold, hard, truth is that while our WVSSAC may perform some vital roles, it has essentially stifled us athletically when we draw comparisons with other areas of the country.

February 8, 2004
comments: To: MSAC Observer
You are indeed right, Wojo did lose his first round match with the Cabell Midland boy, but he did not wrestle back to place. He was one win from placing. I don't know about being sick, he wrestled like he always has, nothing differnet. He didn't seem like he was winded or anything, just got beat a couple of times.

February 8, 2004
comments: Confused: You sound a little worried about South's 152 lber.When you have an injury it is a match to match thing.Maybe the athelete,his coach or his doctor had the decision to make,so don't be confused! I bet he shows up for regionals and the state tourney and steps on the top step Saturday night!

February 8, 2004
comments: Today in the Parkersburg paper it said that PHS wrestles Brooke and WP this tuesday at 5. Can anyone confirm that?
Editor's note: Well, if its in the paper then it must be accurate. I can't imagine they would make it up.

February 8, 2004
comments: Iron: The state usually starts at 6pm on Thursday.And Doc...maybe you can get the guy who uses the English language so well a "dikshunairee" to look up his words!

February 8, 2004
comments: I liked the Good, Bad, and the Ugly post...nice touch.
Barrett from Mussleman = tough athlete
Long Day in Bleachers = Numb Butt
Clint Eastwood Movies = Underrated Musical Soundtracks

February 8, 2004
comments: Yeah Smailes from Lewis County was sick and so wasn't Freda, but Freda opted to wrestle instead of staying home. Oh well one lost to Nixon doesn't prove a thing. I think it was a fluke like everyone else too.

February 8, 2004
comments: Congratulations JACOB CARR & DAVE BONECUTTER - SEOAL Champions! Good luck at Regionals! I knew you could do it! We are all so proud of you!

February 8, 2004
comments: LKC champ last year at 103,
LKC champ this year at 119,
Way to go Judd Billings!
Proud of ya boy.

February 8, 2004
comments: I would like to thank the ones involved in the Clarksburg Youth Tourney. I thought you did a fine job running this tourney, and the competition was good also.. Again Thanks for a great tournament.. Also could you please post the results, I would like to see our youth get some more recognition on here...
THANKS

February 8, 2004
comments: Was Smailes from Lewis Co. sick? I didn't see hisname in the Big 10 tournament results.

February 8, 2004
comments: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Just got back from the NCAC tournament.
The Good: U High put a lot of effort and pride into the tourney and worked hard to give us a class act. The parade of champions is always nice, and asking a former wrestler and Iraqi vet to lead the parade was a nice touch. I was also impressed when they had the parents or someone significant in the champion's life present the awards. Nice touch! Another good thing: competitive female wrestlers. In the old days (and I'm talking 16 to 15 years ago. One would occasionally see a female wrestler at the HS level, and in my opinion as a female and 20 years of experience and it's only my experience so feel free to correct me if I err, many of these early female wrestlers were just doing it for attention. (my apologies to Trusty who was one of the best wrestlers male or female any one would ever see at the youth level but did not wrestle in H.S.) Some of them were big girls who barely fit in a singlet and walked out on the mat and practically cried "pin me" as they were beaten in 15 seconds or less. Then there were the occasional small 103's who came out to help the team and fill a weight class, and who also never lasted more than 30 seconds, but now! Now the girls are lean, and muscular, athletic and competitive. One of the best matches of the day was between Buck-Up and MHS's 112 pounder. She bloodied his nose and was ahead of him the entire match (and did it wearing eye shadow!) and might have won, but for a split second loss of concentration. The final score is not indicative of the calibre of the match.

The best of all of the good things were all of the wrestlers: 99% of whom showed true athlticism, sportsmanship and just overall tenacity especially when they were in that gym for nearly 12 hours.

Sorry guys here comes the bad...I think the length of the tournament was excessive. We were there at 8 AM for weigh-ins and when we left at 7:30 PM the upper weight classes were still wrestling. There were only eight teams, a lot of the brackets weren't full, and yes they ran a simultaneous JV tournament, but there were hardly any JV's. They took break after break and let the early matches drag on, my son was in the championship finals but I wish they'd taken a page from Winner's Choice and run two mats and run the consolation finals and championship finals simultaneously. The weather was ugly, and if you don't live on the 79 express like Fairmont Senior, U High, MHS and East, (I understand these folks can make the drive to each other's schools in under an hour)then you had a long drive after it had snowed all day. Just because the snow doesn't stick in Morgantown, doesn't mean the rest of us weren't driving under Winter Weather Advisory conditions. In addition to the ugly weather, some of the matches were boring which made watching them ugly. There should have been more stalemates called or stalling called. Even the 112 match between Buck-Up and MHS could have stood some help and might have ended differently.

I'm sorry but if I sit on bleachers for twelve hours to watch two cross town rivals duke it out I don't want to find myself falling asleep or muttering "get on with it," under my breath. I know some of these kids have been wrestling each other their whole lives and trading wins back and forth since youth league, but come on out and wrestle like you mean it. I've watched Fairmont's two 89 pounders go head to head all season, and they keep it exciting, and if the kids can't do anything but lock up, then the refs need to intervene. I'm done now. I just wish I was computer literate enough to attach a music file to this post, so I could fade out on the theme music from Eastwood's Classic flick. Wouldn't that be fun?

February 8, 2004
comments: what is webster county AA or AAA?? and what region are they in??
Editor's note: AA Region 4

February 8, 2004
comments: I've been hearing that the HARV tournament has been cancelled due to lack of entries.

email: uspf@netassoc.net
comments: The USYWA Elementary and Middle School Nationals have not been cancelled ! The deadline was extended due to many wrestlers parents calling because of difficulties getting the school forms signed. The bad weather forced many schools to close. We have entries from fourteen different states at this time. We will accept entries until Feb. 10th. If you have questions you may contact David Jeffrey at 304-489-2428.

February 8, 2004
comments: How about Parkersburg's Lindamood lots of heart for a sophmore, great wrestling skills and all around good guy. Look for a battle royal from him at regionals and then 189 from wheeling park he coming after your state title it should be a great match.

February 8, 2004
comments: I think the Big 10 match at 275 with Freda (Lewis County) and Nixon (Bridgeport) was a fluke. I heard Freda wasn't feeling well and it showed. Freda has hammered Nixon so many times.

February 8, 2004
comments: Congrats are in order for Zack Nixon of Bridgeport on the fall of A.J. Freda of Lewis County @ 5:27.
February 8, 2004
comments: 215 Watcher wojo was sick and has been the whole week with the stomach flu. he was feeling weak and had no energy what so ever. once he gets over it he will be back to his old self

February 8, 2004
comments: I was at the MSAC, and I was under the impression that Wojo did lose his first round match, but came back to place. Am I wrong?

February 8, 2004
comments: Litton = tough

To the guy with the profanity....yikes,....no reason for it man.

February 8, 2004
comments: To Editor: how do you handle the ranking when you beat a person ... then that person beats you .. is it the most recent win that counts or what?
Editor's note: That plays a big part, but not always.

February 8, 2004
comments: To who ever asked about the Burrows(Cal) and Hanson(HH) match .. He did beat me so now were even 1 to 1 . Hopefully well wrestle at regions because its always a good match.

February 8, 2004
comments: Has anyone heard of the many under class man from hoover. Hoover has 12 soph and freshmen. More than half has 30 or more wins and around 10 losses. With only 3 seniors and 2 juniors I would say that hoover has a good future team I would say 1 or 2 years Hoover will make there mark.

February 8, 2004
comments: To the poster wondering about Ewing - he did not wrestle in the MSAC.

February 8, 2004
comments: i was looking at the polls for 130 and i seen grim was ranked 7th but i heard he was wrestling 125 now if he is what would he be ranked at 125 or would he even be ranked. someone let me know if he is wrestling 130 at states or if he is going to wrestle 125 if so what would he be ranked

February 8, 2004
comments: TO PAT PETERS LETTER ABOUT JARED SEARLS FROM POINT PLEASANT THAT HE HAS NOT BEEN BEATEN BY A WRESTLER FROM WVA . HE WAS BEATEN BY TLYER DICKEL FROM MINERAL WELLS AT RAVENSWOOD YOUTH TOURNAMENT IN NOVEMBER BY A SCORE OF 6 - 0.

February 8, 2004
comments: Didnt make it to MSAC, how did Ewing do from p-burg? did he place? who did he lose to?

February 8, 2004
comments: DOES ANYONE EVER NOTICE THAT LITTONS MATCHES, ALOT OF THEM HIS OPPONENT HAD 0, OSUNACOTTO 6-0, NELSON 7-0. HE WAS ALS BEATING RICHEY 9-0 BEFORE HE PINNED, DOES THIS TELL YOU ANYTHING? THIS KID CAN RIDE AND GET BACK POINTS. BEWARE!!!

February 8, 2004
comments: Congratulations are in order to the CALHOUN CO. wrestling TEAM on the huge LKC win. You guys beat some quality teams! Calhoun wrestling has become a real dynasty. Seeing you guys' building upon this dynasty makes me proud! Some day, you, as I am, will be able to look at what you have helped to create and know that YOU ALL played an intricate role in this achievement. Be proud men!

February 8, 2004
comments: Does anyone know when the Beckley Wrestling camp is this summer?
Thanks!

February 8, 2004
comments: I believe Lou Thomas has a little brother who has won the Jr. state 6 times. This year should make 7.

February 8, 2004
comments: i just want to say congrats to my bridgeport indians, BIG 10 CHAMPS! GOOD JOB BOYS!!!! LET'S TAKE STATES!!!

February 8, 2004
comments: come on mother f----, you dont gotta post all the scores at once, everyones waiten here, so get on it ------
Editor's note: Thanks for the day brightener. You have the spelling down on your obscenities, why not go to work on the two syllable words....

February 8, 2004
comments: Ok I am really confused. Parkersburg South #152 couldn't wrestle the WSAZ's but he wrestled 2 duals the following week, then he couldn't wrestle the John Marshall dual because an injury the newspaper said he would be out probably until regionals, but he wreslted the McGuffy dual.

February 8, 2004
comments: South Wrestling Fan: Do you know what time wrestling starts thursday? For the state tourny?
Editor's note: Iron, check the State Tournament page. Last year's schedule is still up. It has been run the same way for (fill in the blank) years. I'd say its a good be the schedule is the same for this year, but don't know for sure....

February 8, 2004
comments: The MSAC at Midland was great. Props to Coach Sparks for a quick, orderly tourny. There was some awesome wrestling with a few very tough weight classes. 215 stood out in my eyes though. #1 Lou Thomas(Pburg), #2Kenny Hutchinson(Hunt), #3David Wojo(Riverside), Jeremy Linville(Hurr), and #6Andrew Varney(CMidland). Lou swept the competition with ease. Hutchinson easily went through his side of the bracket with Varney battling him 1-0, but he never looked in danger. Varney beat Wojo and Linville to get third. It looked to me like Varney hurt Wojo in their first round matchup, because Wojo just didn't wrestle like himself after that, but I could be wrong. All-in-all there was some great wrestling and some important match-ups state ranking wise.

February 8, 2004
comments: The Big Reds won the MSAC today, with Huntington finishing second.
Finals:
103 Fraley (Hunt) maj dec Phalin (Rip) 15-3
112 Easter (Nit) tech fall over Villafanna (Rip) 24-8
119 Hayes (Park) dec Riner (Hunt)
125 Shyver (Park) pinned Dixon (Hunt) :50
130 Rader (Park) pinned Kurnot (Rip) 1:48
135 Ice (Park) dec Myers (Nit)
140 Smith (Rip) pinned Dunlap (Nit) 1:37
145 Litton (Park) dec Nelson (Hunt) 7-0
152 Dudley (Hunt) dec Chapman (CM) 12-7
160 Moye (CM) dec Shaffer (Hurr) 8-4
171 Cremeans (CM) pinned Myers (Park) 3rd
189 Lindamood (Park) maj dec Nelson (Hunt) 9-1
215 Thomas (Park)pinned Hutchinson (Hunt) 1:25
275 Dearman (Park) dec Cooke (Hunt) 6-1

February 8, 2004
comments: For WV Junior state info., click on "other links".click "Little Kanawha Cauliflower Club then click WV Junior States.

February 8, 2004
comments: I know Chad Porter from Parkersburg South has 7 pee wee state titles.

February 8, 2004
comments: will golden be back this then?

February 8, 2004
comments: Congratulations to Brad Swiger of Ritchie County on winning the LKC Tournament in the 275 division.

February 8, 2004
comments: congrats to jacob carr and david bonecutter for winning the SEOAL championship....1 down two more to go boys! keep it up!!!

February 8, 2004
comments: Did burrows(Cal) beat Hanson(Hoover) this past wed.
Editor's note: Yes

February 7, 2004
comments: This just in, Calhoun wins third straight LKC title. Congrats to all on a team effort. Congrats to the Champions (Eddie Burrows, Justin Ashley, Andrew Cummings and Eric Metz) and to the rest of the team for a team effort!!

February 7, 2004
email:
comments: From: Iron
comments: I agree with your post about wrestling playing a role in molding boys into leaders. One more example of a wrestler is Senator John McCain. He wrestled at the Naval Academy for four years.
I didnt post that?

February 7, 2004
comments: Thanks for the math pointer! I was in a hurry but that further makes the point for Coach Jarvis and I. One other factor I thought of though. In soem large duals tournaments you can wrestle 5 times each of two days and it counts 2 weigh in points for the tournament. If you did this exclusively you could rack up 10 matches x 7 (2 weigh in points each) tournaments or 70 total! Now if only some one would set up a bunch of those . . .
The model to follow is in place with the Olympic Duals at Point Pleasant. My team was not allowed to attend this year due to snow while another county school was allowed - further reinforcing Doc's point about our hands being tied. Sometimes a principal or superintendent can really hamstring a program that wants to travel. Anyway, we are all doing the best we can to get our kids as many quality matches as possible. Sometimes it makes you so tired that you can't even multiply by 1 digit numbers! Like 14 x3!
JL/MMS

February 7, 2004
comments: re: Neutral
In reference to your question asking if there is a record of the most pee wee state titles won in Parkersburg.....I dont know if there is a record kept somewhere on that or not. I know for sure it has been won 5 times by one wrestler. Maybe someone has won it more. Would be a neat bit of info to have.

February 7, 2004
comments: I agree with your post about wrestling playing a role in molding boys into leaders. One more example of a wrestler is Senator John McCain. He wrestled at the Naval Academy for four years.

February 7, 2004
comments: 14 x 3 = 42 not 52

February 7, 2004
comments: South used to be in the MSAC conference about 5 years ago but got out of it becuase of the traveling distances on school nights. True the distance to places like morgantown and john marshall are just about as long, but I think they wanted to schedule more locally. Good question.
Editors note: This has opened up a can of worms. I shouldn't have posted the question to start with. No use discussing this further. The only people who truly know why South dropped out of the MSAC are the school officials, and I doubt they are inclined to discuss the issue further on WV-Mat.

comments: Hey I'd just like to say congrats to all my EFJH guys for finishing off a great season! *Marion County Champs and Mason Dixon winners*

February 7, 2004
comments: Congrats to Kyle Walters on another outstanding performance. Another first period pin, this time against a McGuffey PA foe.

February 7, 2004
comments: Why isn't South in a conference?

February 7, 2004
comments: wrestling is more than just what happens in high school. Wrestlers, many of marginal ability, learn life long lessons about themselves through thier participation in wrestling. We are training our future leaders, doctors, lawyers. Don Rumsfeld, General Norman Schwarzkoph, Dennis Hastart and our own Dr. Miller apply some of these lessons in their daily life. Don't just coach for the moment.

February 7, 2004
comments: I realize the number of weigh ins are limited in middle school. But coaches are not taking advantage of these. I may be wrong but I believe from a dual to a quad equals only one weigh in. A tournament of more than 5 teams equal 2 weigh ins. I know the rules are on the wvssac page but I believe that is right. Anyway the coaches have to schedule better and be more creative and the wrestlers could get in more matches. This is what the wrestlers need at this level,live matches. Some kids are getting in 25 to 30 matches while others may get 40. Its a big difference in the long haul.

February 7, 2004
comments: I play football with Daran Hays at Fairmont State and i wanted to get some feedback on how my boy did in his first year of coaching Jr high wrestling. Daran would work hard in the weightroom with the team everyday and leave strait from our killer workouts to practice his team. Your the man D

February 7, 2004
comments:
Calhoun 161.5
Williamstown 160
Braxton 113
Wirt 106
Roane 95
St. Marys 73
Ritchie 59
Ravenswood 52
Clay 39

103:
Flowers, Will
Boggs, Roa
Richards, Rit
McCourt, Clay

112:
Burrows, Cal
Johnson, Will
Bartrug, StM
Dennison, Brax

119:
Billings, Rav
Griffin, Roa
Sampson, Cal
Bartrug, StM

125:
Biddle, Will
Digman, Brax
Ramsey, Cal
Price, Roa

130:
Ramsey, Cal
Adams, Brax
Cronin, StM
Baylor, Will

135:
Cummings, Cal
Bartrug, StM
Allen, Wirt
Burks, Brax

140:
Dye, Wirt
Flynt, Brax
Price, Cal
Dimarco, Will

145:
Elder, Will
Hines, Brax
Dye, Wirt
Nichols, Cal

152:
Metz, Cal
Dennis, Rav
Miller, Wirt
Wince, Rit

160:
Smith, Will
Goodrich, Cal
Branard, Roa
Rowan, Brax

171:
Tracewell, Will
Burgess, Roa
Dennis, Rav
Tanner, Brax

189:
Lauderman, Will
Lott, Wirt
Jones, Clay
Roberts, Cal

215:
Craddock, Roa
Lowe, Wirt
Boone, Rit
Blankenship, Brax

275:
Swiger, Rit
Barnhart, StM
Harper, Clay
Fulmer, Wirt

February 7, 2004
comments: Golden from University has a broken wrist and Marshall (5th in the state last year) has a broken ankle. Where would University be if they had those 2 in the line-up?

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page