Bear Tracks - 120 to 126 Edition 1

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Bear Tracks - 120 to 126 Edition 1

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:24 am

BEAR TRACKS 2022 - 2023

Edition – 1

Date of Issue: December 14, 2022

1. Wrestlers are ranked per established criteria. Ranking will change as head to head matches occur, wrestlers change weight classes and when a wrestler enters into action.

Weight Classes: 120 to 126

AA/A 120
1 Wood Point Pleasant
2 Carpenter East Fairmont
3 Hess North Marion
4 Lilly Greenbrier West
5 Campbell Chapmanville Regional
6 Varney Ravenswood
7 Vaughn Frankfort
8 Pena Roane County

AA/A 126
1 Minger Clay County
2 Nutter Point Pleasant
3 Kinzel Liberty Raleigh
4 Boram Lewis County
5 Currence Braxton County
6 Beckner Roane County
7 Cottrell Hoover

AAA 120
1 Perry Spring Mills
2 White Wheeling Park
3 Harding John Marshall

AAA 126
1 Hoffman Spring Mills
2 Garcia Buckhannon Upshur
3 Cook John Marshall
4 Roark Woodrow Wilson
5 Inboden Parkersburg
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

BsWrestler72

Re: Bear Tracks - 120 to 126 Edition 1

Postby BsWrestler72 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:33 am

Has Garcia beaten Cook this season? If not Cook should be ahead of him based on last year!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:15 am

BsWrestler72 wrote:Has Garcia beaten Cook this season? If not Cook should be ahead of him based on last year!

Garcia finished 5th in the states.

Cook made it to the blood round.

Garcia begins the season ranked higher than Cook.

Both schools have a dual on February 4th. They might meet before that.

Reapercoach

Postby Reapercoach » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:35 pm

[quote="Bearhugger"]BEAR TRACKS 2022 - 2023

Edition – 1

1. Wrestlers are ranked per established criteria. Ranking will change as head to head matches occur, wrestlers change weight classes and when a wrestler enters into action.

AA/A 120
1 Wood Point Pleasant
3 Hess North Marion
4 Lilly Greenbrier West
6 Varney Ravenswood
7 Vaughn Frankfort
8 Pena Roane County

AA/A 126
1 Minger Clay County
2 Nutter Point Pleasant
3 Kinzel Liberty Raleigh
4 Boram Lewis County
6 Beckner Roane County
7 Cottrell Hoover

Webster Hardwood
Josh Dudley from Richwood beat Like Boram from Lewis Co twice.
8-7 in the Dual on Friday and pinned him in about minute during the championship at 126lbs.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:45 am

Reapercoach wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:BEAR TRACKS 2022 - 2023

Edition – 1

AA/A 120
1 Wood Point Pleasant
3 Hess North Marion
4 Lilly Greenbrier West
6 Varney Ravenswood
7 Vaughn Frankfort
8 Pena Roane County

AA/A 126
1 Minger Clay County
2 Nutter Point Pleasant
3 Kinzel Liberty Raleigh
4 Boram Lewis County
6 Beckner Roane County
7 Cottrell Hoover

Webster Hardwood
Josh Dudley from Richwood beat Like Boram from Lewis Co twice.
8-7 in the Dual on Friday and pinned him in about minute during the championship at 126lbs.

I hear Dudley is 11 and 1 on the season. Keep the feedback coming. Thanks

Pottstd

Postby Pottstd » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:02 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
BsWrestler72 wrote:Has Garcia beaten Cook this season? If not Cook should be ahead of him based on last year!

At the state tournament, Cook's only losses were to Herdon from Spring Mills (3rd) and Showalter from Parkersburg (4th). Both finishing above Garcia (5th). Cook and Garcia did not wrestle at the state tournament. Additionally at the state tournament, Cook lost to Herdon 5-3 in the blood round w/ Garcia getting pinned by him the very next round in 58 seconds.

Cook and Garcia wrestled twice during the year, once in a dual (duel? I can never remember the right usage) and once in the regional finals right before the state tournament. Cook won both matches. They have not wrestled yet this year.

This is not to argue the ranking, as I understand with all rankers you have criteria and placing at the state tournament ahead of someone is one of those criteria. A criteria that makes very logical sense. Additionally, being ranked 2nd vs. 3rd in a pre-season ranking makes very little matter and Garcia and Cook are both great wrestlers who I'm sure will have exciting matches a few times throughout this year.

The question ma arise that if it doesnt matter why go through this effort and time? Well to that I have a response of: 1) I like to set the record straight, 2) I am supporting our teams wrestler in Cook, and 3) I enjoy engaging in wrestling discussion.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:38 am

Pottstd wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

At the state tournament, Cook's only losses were to Herdon from Spring Mills (3rd) and Showalter from Parkersburg (4th). Both finishing above Garcia (5th). Cook and Garcia did not wrestle at the state tournament. Additionally at the state tournament, Cook lost to Herdon 5-3 in the blood round w/ Garcia getting pinned by him the very next round in 58 seconds.

Cook and Garcia wrestled twice during the year, once in a dual (duel? I can never remember the right usage) and once in the regional finals right before the state tournament. Cook won both matches. They have not wrestled yet this year.

This is not to argue the ranking, as I understand with all rankers you have criteria and placing at the state tournament ahead of someone is one of those criteria. A criteria that makes very logical sense. Additionally, being ranked 2nd vs. 3rd in a pre-season ranking makes very little matter and Garcia and Cook are both great wrestlers who I'm sure will have exciting matches a few times throughout this year.

The question ma arise that if it doesnt matter why go through this effort and time? Well to that I have a response of: 1) I like to set the record straight, 2) I am supporting our teams wrestler in Cook, and 3) I enjoy engaging in wrestling discussion.

The criteria I use doesn't take into consideration anything that happened last season before the state tournament. Also, common opponent results are not used either. Doing both would take so long, the season would be over before anybody got ranked.

Garcia has now dropped to 120 and competed at 120 this past weekend at the Musselman duals. His dropping takes care of anything currently "cookin" with Cook at 126.

Return to “High School Wrestling”