moving state tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
gnat

moving state tournament

Postby gnat » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 am

Does anybody else find it frustrating that you can't see part of the mats? Absolutely ridiculous to travel across the state and not be a to see the entire mat unless you are sitting g on the front row. Wvssac needs to take this into consideration next time the tournament comes open for bids. I really don't think being able to see all the mat is to much to ask.

mooreboysdad

Re: moving state tournament

Postby mooreboysdad » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 am

My complaint is there is absolutely no handicap access to a place with any view at all. The hdcp area on AA end is raised 1 foot off the floor and is always blocked by on deck wrestlers, coaches and people standing. This needs addressed and corrected. It would be easy to add ramp or small lift. I can't imagine that current access meets the Federal Disability Laws!!!

aacoach15

Postby aacoach15 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling is big enough to hold it since it hosts the OVAC Tournament every year. It offers plenty of handicap seating and not to mention has a warmup area for wrestlers away from all the fans.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:18 pm

I have griped about mat obstruction from spectators view for YEARS!!! Ever wonder why fights and arguments occur every year for those lower seats???? That's exactly why!
It is beyond frustrating.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 pm

I agree!! I cannot believe there are no more comments about this! What a sad situation that we all believe is the best sport ever, to have this site Big Sandy be the big dance, and its talked about every year, yes every year. Do we attend this event cause of the hotels and eateries? How about us the fans and mostly for the wrestlers to WATCH wrestling.

You can literally sit anywhere but the first two rows and not see all of the mat.
I think this should be seriously looked at and researched to improve this.

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 pm

I am surprised that people cant understand that a city has to bid on it and have a team willing to run it. What is the WVSSAC supposed to do force a city govt to bid on the tourney? :roll: Last time I believe Huntington was the only city to bid. Until another city steps and bids and has a team to run it there is no use talking about it.

gnat

Postby gnat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:52 pm

As far as I know wvssac has rules in place for a football field to qualify for a playoff. Why can't they make it a rule that you can see the mats at a wrestling tournament.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:31 pm

armyscot0873 wrote:I am surprised that people cant understand that a city has to bid on it and have a team willing to run it. What is the WVSSAC supposed to do force a city govt to bid on the tourney? :roll: Last time I believe Huntington was the only city to bid. Until another city steps and bids and has a team to run it there is no use talking about it.

The way it was explained to me is that Big Sandy had some support money to sweeten the pot and Wheeling wasn't willing to match that extensive bump up in the cost so they stopped bidding. So basically for another city to get it they need a wealthy person willing to dump so much money into it that the WVSSAC simply can not ignore how much they will profit from a city change. It is a shame that money, not the best venue for the sport is the deciding factor.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:15 am

Amen

Frank

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:51 am

same stuff different year.

Return to “High School Wrestling”