Liberty Raider Rumble Results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aaacoach6

Liberty Raider Rumble Results

Postby aaacoach6 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:57 am

1st place Shady Spring
2nd Place Liberty (Raleigh)
3rd Place Oak Hill

aaacoach6

Re: Liberty Raider Rumble Results

Postby aaacoach6 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 pm

I just wanted to give a shout out to Coach Radcliff of South Harrison and Coach Hylton of Liberty Raleigh and their wrestlers Preston Peck (SH) and Austin Lusk (Lib) for showing everyone in attendance at the Raiders Rumble that the sport of wrestling is about more than wins and losses. You made the day incredibly special for a wrestler and his family from Shady Spring and made it a day they will never forget. Thank you so much. I do not think there were many dry eyes in the room Saturday.
Coach Shrewsberry
Shady Spring Wrestling

Monarch1996

Postby Monarch1996 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 pm

aaacoach6 wrote:I just wanted to give a shout out to Coach Radcliff of South Harrison and Coach Hylton of Liberty Raleigh and their wrestlers Preston Peck (SH) and Austin Lusk (Lib) for showing everyone in attendance at the Raiders Rumble that the sport of wrestling is about more than wins and losses. You made the day incredibly special for a wrestler and his family from Shady Spring and made it a day they will never forget. Thank you so much. I do not think there were many dry eyes in the room Saturday.
Coach Shrewsberry
Shady Spring Wrestling

Could you please elaborate? These are things I hope to celebrate. Of course, sometimes the people involved do not want to have too much attention, but my curiosity is very piqued.

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 pm

I have a special needs wrestler on the team. And these coaches and wrestlers allowed him to show how much he has learned in 3 weeks without instantly pinning him which could have easily been done. He successfully executed several takedown and pinning combinations and was awarded a pin in one of the matches. The other wrestlers clearly could have beaten him but they all understood how much it meant to him to be included and to succeed and allowed it to happen. After the pin he ran and tackled his father at the corner or the mat. The pure joy and excitement at his success was obvious and he has talked about it nonstop for 3 days according to his parents.

Monarch1996

Postby Monarch1996 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 pm

aaacoach6 wrote:I have a special needs wrestler on the team. And these coaches and wrestlers allowed him to show how much he has learned in 3 weeks without instantly pinning him which could have easily been done. He successfully executed several takedown and pinning combinations and was awarded a pin in one of the matches. The other wrestlers clearly could have beaten him but they all understood how much it meant to him to be included and to succeed and allowed it to happen. After the pin he ran and tackled his father at the corner or the mat. The pure joy and excitement at his success was obvious and he has talked about it nonstop for 3 days according to his parents.

That's fantastic! Sure, we all want to win...but then there is WINNING at life. Wow!

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 pm

aaacoach6 wrote:I have a special needs wrestler on the team. And these coaches and wrestlers allowed him to show how much he has learned in 3 weeks without instantly pinning him which could have easily been done. He successfully executed several takedown and pinning combinations and was awarded a pin in one of the matches. The other wrestlers clearly could have beaten him but they all understood how much it meant to him to be included and to succeed and allowed it to happen. After the pin he ran and tackled his father at the corner or the mat. The pure joy and excitement at his success was obvious and he has talked about it nonstop for 3 days according to his parents.

Awesome! That is great to hear.

Campion

Postby Campion » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm

That is Awesome!! A very similar thing happened in Hurricane (Mike Ellis Invitational) this past Saturday. I do not know the names of both wrestlers involved but there was a standing ovation from the crowd when the special needs young man was victorious!

Return to “High School Wrestling”