No rosters for Huntington and Cabell Midland

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

No rosters for Huntington and Cabell Midland

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:15 am

27 AAA teams have their rosters on the WVSSAC site. Huntington and Cabell Midland are the only two AAA teams that don't have their rosters listed on WVSSAC for the second year in a row. Can someone from these teams take a few minutes to list these teams rosters. It's making region four look bad. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JustSomeone

Re: No rosters for Huntington and Cabell Midland

Postby JustSomeone » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:17 pm

Who cares? Rosters change constantly. Wrestle offs having different results, kids getting sick, kids getting hurt. Who cares what the roster is on the WVSSAC site. Go to the Scores tab here on the mat and check their recent scores to see their most recent rosters.

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:53 pm

I agree with JustSomeone with one exception. His suggested method of looking at results is a good way to figure out a lineup but I do think the teams should be required to post the roster on the wvssac site well before regionals because every year there is some discussion regarding whether a wrestler (from previous years) is coming out for the team or returning from injury right before regionals. Seems to me that the wrestlers in that weight especially from that region are at a disadvantage of not being able to prepare for that particular wrestler if there is no public indication that he is wrestling.
The WVSSAC fines basketball teams for failing to put their info on the website.

Campion

Postby Campion » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm

When I looked at the WVSSAC website, the roster only included the name and grade of each team member. It appears that it is used for every sport, not just wrestling, therefore no reference to weight classes. I have no idea how the WVSSAC uses the information but I am sure there is a reason. Who knows?

Return to “High School Wrestling”