Wrestlers taking the easy way

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
baxter841

Wrestlers taking the easy way

Postby baxter841 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm

In my opionion wrestlers should be wrestling the weight they are going to be competing in at states ( in tournaments). In small tris, quads, the moving doesn't matter. I can't stand it when two good wrestlers are going to meet in a tournament and one moves up to avoid the other or get an easier path if the weight above them isn't as strong. Those good matches make both wrestlers better. Maybe one wrestler wins both, maybe they split, doesn't matter. Those matches should determine the outstanding wrestler, not the easy wins.
The wrestler that moves up looks cowardly, even if they win the tournament. If that wrestler is moving up for good, thats completey fair, but not for 1 tournament.
Several good match ups with a lot of ranked wrestlers going forward. I hope they all get wrestled.

popajoe

Re: Wrestlers taking the easy way

Postby popajoe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Most of it is coaches trying to win the dual.

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm talking tournaments not duals.

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 pm

I've sat in on many seeding meetings for tournaments where someone was ducking/hiding from someone. It happens.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 pm

I don’t think anyone knows exactly why kids cut/bump. More importantly, calling a high school kid a coward to go be a champion is bold to say the least. Basically, who cares? If a kid is 3 in one weight and 1 in the other...go be 1. Duh.

I don’t care about the eye of the tiger bull crap. Team scores more points. You’re forever state champ, and you bother someone on a forum. Sounds like a win-win-win

Return to “High School Wrestling”