Logic

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Logic

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm

My account was hacked earlier today and somebody started beating the dead horse of JV competing in the regional tournaments using my name. However, this opened up an interesting perspective on how Super 32 operates.

Based on my understanding, if a person places in the TOP 4 in their state tournament, then they are automatically eligible for Super 32 competition. I welcome all corrections on this topic.

However, Super 32 has a series of qualifier tournaments that based on my understanding, anybody can enter. WV has freshmen and NON-STQs competing in these tournaments in an effort to qualify and then to compete.

These qualifier tournaments spark preseason motivation for wrestlers that are not automatically entered into Super 32.

JV kids and incoming freshmen need added motivation to stay with the sport.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Re: Logic

Postby KDunbar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 pm

I didn't totally research this, but....
The very first line on the Super 32 site states " You don't have to prequalify for the tournament". I believe that the main purpose to prequalify is to guarantee a spot before the rush to sign up after it is opened up to register. Someone who definitely knows could respond.

mike.carman

Re: Logic

Postby mike.carman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:27 pm

KDunbar wrote:I didn't totally research this, but....
The very first line on the Super 32 site states " You don't have to prequalify for the tournament". I believe that the main purpose to prequalify is to guarantee a spot before the rush to sign up after it is opened up to register. Someone who definitely knows could respond.

You are correct. Qualify in terms of Super 32 means you can register for the tournament before open registration begins. The number of competitors is capped at just over 1500. I believe there are 1585 currently registered and open registration is closed. In fact, my son placed 5th and did not qualify for early registration. Also, he did not compete in on of the early qualifiers either. At noon on Sunday there were a little over 1000 entries in the tournament which left about 600 spots. Had early registration reached the cap, open registration would not have occurred and kids would have had to petition in or buy their way in through the auction.

At 12:07 PM when I completed Gabe's registration there 1500 entries. By 12:10 PM registration closed.

Since you have to be on the ball and get into registration ASAP, it benefits you to be eligible early but it is not required.

The goal of the early qualifiers is so they can get the very best kids in the brackets and guarantee them spots. They want every match to be a grind and it works.

Return to “High School Wrestling”