SUPER QUAD WEEK

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
abettnman

SUPER QUAD WEEK

Postby abettnman » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 am

The much anticipated match up happens this Saturday the 11th, at Cabell Midland High School. The talking stops, see who BIG DOG is, the match up ALL wants to see, SOUTH VS POINT, but joining these teams will be Johnson Central from KY who will be bringing a heck of a team, and host Cabell Midland where both teams will have some wrestlers looking to make a statement. LET'S TALK ABOUT IT !!

Gator

Re: SUPER QUAD WEEK

Postby Gator » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:57 am

There is already a thread on this with comments.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Gator wrote:There is already a thread on this with comments.

That thread has gotten stale. Time for a fresh one.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:49 pm

All four of these teams will lock in mortal combat dual style on January 11th. One week later, all four will lock a$$ again tournament style in the WSAZ. It will be interesting to see who beats who in the duals and then see who beats who in the WSAZ.

On the subject of the WSAZ, I am sure any team that has realized their mistake by not attending, there is still time to rectify. Sign up and enter the greatest WV wrestling tournament of the 2019/2020 season.

The list of teams is so vast, so intimidating, we can't seem to get a team list made to match the school schedules and the word on the street. In the past, some schools have chosen to "fly under the radar" by not posting their scores. They think this gives them an edge. Now this concept has graduated to not posting their schedules.

Do not be surprised if Braxton Amos doesn't put on a mask from his dad's Georgia Championship Wrestling memorabilia and enter the WSAZ in two different weight classes.

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:11 pm

Bearhugger wrote:All four of these teams will lock in mortal combat dual style on January 11th. One week later, all four will lock a$$ again tournament style in the WSAZ. It will be interesting to see who beats who in the duals and then see who beats who in the WSAZ.

On the subject of the WSAZ, I am sure any team that has realized their mistake by not attending, there is still time to rectify. Sign up and enter the greatest WV wrestling tournament of the 2019/2020 season.

The list of teams is so vast, so intimidating, we can't seem to get a team list made to match the school schedules and the word on the street. In the past, some schools have chosen to "fly under the radar" by not posting their scores. They think this gives them an edge. Now this concept has graduated to not posting their schedules.

Do not be surprised if Braxton Amos doesn't put on a mask from his dad's Georgia Championship Wrestling memorabilia and enter the WSAZ in two different weight classes.

This is absolutely great !!!! Sorry Gator wasn’t trying to take attention from your thread, I deeply apologize. Lol

mattman

Postby mattman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:58 am

I’ve done the math. South reigns supreme. South will bonus and their freshman will win duel. Point a worthy opponent will keep it close until 145, then it’s a wrap. South by 12-15

Cummings

Postby Cummings » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 am

What time does wrestling begin at Midland?
Thanks
[color=#FF0000]Lee Cummings

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:03 am

mattman wrote:I’ve done the math. South reigns supreme. South will bonus and their freshman will win duel. Point a worthy opponent will keep it close until 145, then it’s a wrap. South by 12-15

We’ve got a comedian in the house!!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Cummings wrote:What time does wrestling begin at Midland?
Thanks

South’s schedule says 1 o’clock Lee.
Moderator WV Mat

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:37 pm

aaacoach94 said noon in the other thread.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 pm

I looked at the South vs Point match up weeks ago. My approach was to avoid awarding/predicting bonus points other than I did give 6 for Amos. I didn't call the 106 and 113 matches either way. I still am not sure on those two.

South tipped their hand possibly at the South Classic. They might have a trick up their "sleeve" that could gain them an extra 3 to 6 points above my previous analysis.

Each school has wrestlers that are the odds on favorite, but can their opponents hold them off to only lose by decision. Getting/preventing bonus points is key here.

I see the match decided more at 106, 113, 160, 170, 182, 195 and 285 rather than the other weight classes.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:58 am

South athletic director (Roger Thompson) told me yesterday that the match was starting at noon.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm

FYI: forecast is for a high of 76 degrees here in the tri-state area on Saturday. Tank tops and shorts may be the preferred attire.

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:FYI: forecast is for a high of 76 degrees here in the tri-state area on Saturday. Tank tops and shorts may be the preferred attire.

It might be a little to hot for the team from Blizzard Drive

Studcradle

Postby Studcradle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 pm

True, may be a little too hot for South. If Point shows up I think they will do very well. Will probably beat Cabell and South. Very talented team. It was odd that they avoided some of the best competition this past year and I wonder if it was something that Coach Bonecutter did or something the boys did. Fargo? Went on a vacation to wrestle small school division. Super 32? Went to homecoming dance. Ironman? Did they turn down the invite for their guys who are on the brink of being nationally ranked so they could wrestle in a local tournament?
Nothing wrong with any of these decisions. To each their own. If they show up, I think they will win.

Return to “High School Wrestling”