Bridgeport wrestling

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Stonewall

Bridgeport wrestling

Postby Stonewall » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:20 pm

In my humble opinion the wrestlers should be able to wrestle in the state tournament.
Test them daily and let them wrestle!!
Seniors on that team with their last chance at a tilted or placing....

EASwrestling

Re: Bridgeport wrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:45 pm

I agree!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Clay Co lost half of its team before regionals as well. It is heartbreaking for the kids

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:47 pm

It doesn’t have to be heartbreaking
Get them tested
Let them wrestle!!!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Stonewall wrote:It doesn’t have to be heartbreaking
Get them tested
Let them wrestle!!!
I understand your point, but that wouldn't help the kids from Clay because regionals have already been determined.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:10 am

mscoach64 wrote:
Get them tested
Let them wrestle!!!
I understand your point, but that wouldn't help the kids from Clay because regionals have already been determined.

I'm guessing that the problem is that one can test positive, even without symptoms, up to 5 days after exposure ( it can take that long to build up a viral "load" to be detected). If they were exposed as it appears on Wednesday, they couldn't be cleared by testing until Monday. It is a shame. As somebody suggested, only the weight classes involved could be delayed. However, then one would risk that entire group to become exposed before the rescheduled date. It's a little different than the Herpes outbreak a few years ago (not that I personally necessarily agree with that decision).

Campion

Postby Campion » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 am

When there is a will, there is a way... test them daily up until competition with the rapid testing. There is enough information about this virus and the majority of people have already contracted it or received a vaccine. Unfortunately, Contact tracing is a mitigating containment method option that is often misapplied. I don’t understand guidelines that still require automatic quarantine from potential exposures, especially at the current lifecycle of the virus. Not a medical opinion, just my opinion... for whatever its worth.

Hit the mat Ref

Postby Hit the mat Ref » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:43 am

mscoach64 wrote:
Get them tested
Let them wrestle!!!

mscoach64, your right this wouldn’t help the clay county kids this year. I am deeply sorry for them just as I am Bridgeport or any other team that has faced this same issue. Sometimes to evoke change, you have to make a lot of noise. Is this the best our State and people in position of making decisions that affect the lives of others can do? We can always do better and should do better. Looking ahead to next year and the possibility of life looking the same as it does now, our students and athletes face being sent home having to quarantine, eliminated from athletics or other extra curricular activities, losing out on in person education, etc!! These kids deserve champions in their corner fighting for them. I’m ready to make noise for change and for what is right.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:01 pm

it is a sad scenario all the way around for sure

Return to “High School Wrestling”