WVU Prospect Camps

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
KBratke

WVU Prospect Camps

Postby KBratke » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 am

West Virginia University wrestling is excited to announce the addition of two prospect camps this fall. The first one will take place on August 28-29, and the second one will go down on September 25-26. This is a great opportunity to prepare for the upcoming high school season or get ready for the national pre-season tournaments by getting to work directly with the Mountaineer coaching staff.

Even though we just announced the camp dates yesterday, we already have wrestlers registered from Pennsylvania and Virginia. This will also be a great way to get wrestle with new partners and get different feels. Below is what the schedule will look like for each camp.

Saturday
3 PM - 5PM: Technique

6:30 PM - 8 PM: Drilling and live wrestling

Sunday
10 AM - 11:30 AM: Technique

1 PM - 2:30 PM: Drilling and live wrestling

If you would like the registration form, email me at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu and I will get you all taken care of.

If you don't already have an active USA Wrestling card, I would purchase one, so you save some money. You can get one by visiting: https://www.usawmembership.com/login.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

KBratke

Re: WVU Prospect Camps

Postby KBratke » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:06 am

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

We now have wrestlers registered from New York and Michigan that have placed in their state tournaments multiple times to go along with the studs from Pennsylvania and Virginia. However, we have just one West Virginia hammer registered.

These camps are an incredible opportunity to get a weekend of training with some great wrestlers from around the country and work directly with the Mountaineer coaching staff and some current WVU wrestlers. We have 10 West Virginia natives on our roster, and we want to keep the state's best in-state.

As of this moment, we have campers registered as light as 105 and as big as 275, and every weight in between. So there will be partners for everyone.

Just a reminder, these are commuter camps, but we have deals going with a couple of hotels. If you would like some information or the registration form, email me at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:41 pm

KBratke wrote:Just wanted to give everyone an update.

We now have wrestlers registered from New York and Michigan that have placed in their state tournaments multiple times to go along with the studs from Pennsylvania and Virginia. However, we have just one West Virginia hammer registered.

These camps are an incredible opportunity to get a weekend of training with some great wrestlers from around the country and work directly with the Mountaineer coaching staff and some current WVU wrestlers. We have 10 West Virginia natives on our roster, and we want to keep the state's best in-state.

As of this moment, we have campers registered as light as 105 and as big as 275, and every weight in between. So there will be partners for everyone.

Just a reminder, these are commuter camps, but we have deals going with a couple of hotels. If you would like some information or the registration form, email me at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Any idea why only ONE wrestler from WV is registered?

Regarding the 10 WV natives currently on the roster, how many WV natives were on the roster last season? Has this number increased or decreased?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Campion

Postby Campion » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:23 pm

I have four wrestlers interested and have provided them the forms. I know one will go for sure. His forms are being mailed out Monday morning.

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:09 am

Bearhugger wrote:
KBratke wrote:Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Any idea why only ONE wrestler from WV is registered?

Regarding the 10 WV natives currently on the roster, how many WV natives were on the roster last season? Has this number increased or decreased?

I'm not sure why there is only one WV native currently registered. I understand it can be difficult to find opportunities to stay on the mat year round, but we are trying to help by providing opportunities like these. I know it's football season as well, but we would still like to see more local kids. If there's things we can improve upon, I'm all ears. We want to have strong relationships with all high school wrestlers and programs in the state.

Last year we had 13 WV natives on the roster, but one graduated and a few others decided to transfer or no longer wrestle and just attend school.

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:10 am

Campion wrote:I have four wrestlers interested and have provided them the forms. I know one will go for sure. His forms are being mailed out Monday morning.

Love to hear it!

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 am

Our first prospect camp has finally arrived!

We now have seven studs from West Virginia registered! We also now have wrestlers from seven different states (PA, VA, MI, NY, WV, OH, MD) coming to Morgantown.

There's still room if you would like to register. Just shoot me an email at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu and I'll shoot you the forms you need to bring with you or you can fill walk-up and fill them out the day of the camp.

Don't forget if you can't make it this weekend, we have another one September 24-25.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:49 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone who was able to come out over the weekend. We ended up with 31 wrestlers from seven different states, and eight hammers from West Virginia. Of the eight native West Virginians, five were returning state placers, and four of those five, were finalists last season.

We're excited to do it all again in a few weeks on September 25-26 in Morgantown. Currently wrestlers from five different states are registered.

Another really cool aspect of this camp is not only do you get to learn from the WVU coaching staff, but you get to wrestle with current Mountaineer wrestlers. Over the weekend, Peyton Hall, Anthony Carman, Brayden Roberts, and Jackson Moomau were all present and rolling with guys along with over a dozen other current Mountaineers including Jordan Titus, Caleb Dowling, Michael Wolfgram, Scott Joll, Davin Rhoads, and more.

If you would like to register or would like some more information, please shoot me an email at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu

Let's Go Mountaineers!

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Just wanted to post one more reminder about this weekend's prospect camp! It will go down Saturday and Sunday inside the WVU Wrestling Pavilion in Morgantown.

Six different states will be represented and wrestlers ranging from 106-205 and everywhere in between. This is also a great chance to get to roll with current WVU wrestlers as 4-5 Mountaineers will be present at each session. New assistant Muhamed McBryde will also be present and will also teach a session.

This is a great opportunity to get better before the season really gets going. If you would like to register, just shoot me an email at kyle.bratke@mail.wvu.edu and we'll get you taken care.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Just wanted to take a second to thank all of the West Virginia wrestlers, coaches, and parents who took part in our two prospect camps this fall.

Over the course of two weekends, we had 71 wrestlers from eight different states, and more than 30 state placers, finalist, or state champions. After a slow start, I'm proud that 25 West Virginia natives attended camp at least one of the weekends. Our coaching staff and current wrestlers loved getting to meet and work with all of the campers.

We look forward to providing more opportunities to West Virginia wrestlers and coaches moving forward, and hope to see many of you in the Coliseum for a dual this season.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Return to “High School Wrestling”