Ranked Wrestlers per Region

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
wre157

Ranked Wrestlers per Region

Postby wre157 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:23 am

Region 1: 40 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 2: 21 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 3: 17 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 4: 34 Ranked Wrestlers

Based on the new Individual Rankings, Region 1 has more total ranked wrestlers than Region 2 and 3 combined.

standincoach

Re: Ranked Wrestlers per Region

Postby standincoach » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:34 am

Wait wait….. you mean the regions that have a a direct or close proximity to ohio and Pennsylvania have the most. Gasp* how could that be

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:30 pm

wre157 wrote:Region 1: 40 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 2: 21 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 3: 17 Ranked Wrestlers
Region 4: 34 Ranked Wrestlers

Based on the new Individual Rankings, Region 1 has more total ranked wrestlers than Region 2 and 3 combined.

AA/A ranked wrestlers that is.
Although the same trend holds somewhat true in AAA with Region 4 with slightly the most over Region 1

Thetruth101

Postby Thetruth101 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 am

standincoach wrote:Wait wait….. you mean the regions that have a a direct or close proximity to ohio and Pennsylvania have the most. Gasp* how could that be

How is this an advantage? Anyone can go and wrestle in Ohio or Pennsylvania. As a wrestler one of the best ways too improve is too seek better competition, whether you travel 1 or 5 plus hours. If you are talking about kids transferring from neighboring states, I still don't think it's a problem. Can't fault a kid for looking for a better opportunity to get quality mat time and possible scholarship offers he might not receive elsewhere. In the end, I believe it just makes wrestling in the state better.

standincoach

Postby standincoach » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Thetruth101 wrote:
standincoach wrote:Wait wait….. you mean the regions that have a a direct or close proximity to ohio and Pennsylvania have the most. Gasp* how could that be

How is this an advantage? Anyone can go and wrestle in Ohio or Pennsylvania. As a wrestler one of the best ways too improve is too seek better competition, whether you travel 1 or 5 plus hours. If you are talking about kids transferring from neighboring states, I still don't think it's a problem. Can't fault a kid for looking for a better opportunity to get quality mat time and possible scholarship offers he might not receive elsewhere. In the end, I believe it just makes wrestling in the state better.

I’ll add to your defensive, but but, reply.

Add influence to all you just said as well.

Good day sir ma’am

Return to “High School Wrestling”