WSAZ seeding

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Beast

WSAZ seeding

Postby Beast » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:27 pm

Can someone post the seeding for this?

Wvbuckjoe

Re: WSAZ seeding

Postby Wvbuckjoe » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:50 pm

Yes please!!!!

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:01 am

mat time has em posted on their Facebook.

"watch out for the ringworm!" - Cael Sanderson

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:56 am

It appears that matches that occurred 12 months ago have more bearing than an outcome a few days or a month ago??

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:44 pm

Doyablameme? wrote:It appears that matches that occurred 12 months ago have more bearing than an outcome a few days or a month ago??

Isn't that how they do it for the State Dual Tournament?

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:08 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:It appears that matches that occurred 12 months ago have more bearing than an outcome a few days or a month ago??

No, there is no seeding for the state tournament. It is based on a random pill draw and order of placement within the regions. A new thing in place is not really seeding, but is an attempt to keep the 2 clear cut best wrestlers in a weight class (if that situation exists) from being randomly placed on the same side of the brackets and thus meeting before the finals match. The decision as to who are the best 2 wrestlers is generally more dependant on recent results than what happened last year.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:51 am

Enough about seeding … let’s talk about limiting the number of coaches, wrestlers, photographers, trainers, fans, dignitaries, angry Moms ..etc from milling around the mats.

This obstructs fans viewing the matches AND obstructs the scoreboard/stand thing a ma-bobs…

I am joking a little .. but not really. Fans/parents in the stands become angry and yell at people milling around.. they yell back and so forth .. it makes one nervous. Please.
It IS a problem.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:54 pm

The official seeds were posted on the front page this morning, and they are different than what is on social media.

I was told specifically yesterday not to release the seeds until the coaches had time to review them.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 pm

admin wrote:The official seeds were posted on the front page this morning, and they are different than what is on social media.

I was told specifically yesterday not to release the seeds until the coaches had time to review them.

And you heard that first right here.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:23 am

KDunbar wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:

No, there is no seeding for the state tournament. It is based on a random pill draw and order of placement within the regions. A new thing in place is not really seeding, but is an attempt to keep the 2 clear cut best wrestlers in a weight class (if that situation exists) from being randomly placed on the same side of the brackets and thus meeting before the finals match. The decision as to who are the best 2 wrestlers is generally more dependant on recent results than what happened last year.

Sorry about the above retort, as I overlooked the word "Dual" in the question that was raised. In that case, yes that is the way that is currently being done. However, I always felt pretty strongly regarding the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right".

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:22 am

KDunbar wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:Isn't that how they do it for the State Dual Tournament?

Sorry about the above retort, as I overlooked the word "Dual" in the question that was raised. In that case, yes that is the way that is currently being done. However, I always felt pretty strongly regarding the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right".

It wasn't a serious comment anyway, it was only meant to be a sarcastic jab about the qualification process for the State Dual Tournament and how it leaves out one of the best Dual teams in the state.

On a more serious note: I didn't see Gunner Andrick listed in the seeds, is he injured? And the seeding conundrum at 113 must be fixed, I am not usually one to argue about seeding but that is a ridiculous mistake and could have potential consequences for team points.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:02 pm

150 needs some work

Return to “High School Wrestling”