Region 1 A/AA

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Re: Region 1 A/AA

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:
Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:I am sure there are plenty of examples that dispute my opinion, I will not argue that, but there are plenty of examples that support it. The point was that it is not a viable option to revise the qualification process for the entire state, just to benefit one or two people fighting for a 5th place trophy.

What are some examples that support your claim??

The examples that support my claims is as follows:

The most competitive matches in the Regional Tournament should be the Consolation Semifinals, because it is either do or die. If you win you qualify for the state tournament and if you lose you get to sit and watch. In each region there are 28 of these matches and this year in Region One there were 21 pins. I am sorry but these are not competitive matches and those getting pinned cannot and will not compete for a spot on the podium at the state tournament.

Jon, go back to the college forum and tell us how great WVU's 133 is going to be next season. :)
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

SingleAfan

Postby SingleAfan » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:55 pm

I think one area that needs revision is the true classification of teams. The SSAC in a statement to WV Metro News stated classification would be reviewed at a later date. In the topic of Region 1- Fairmont Senior is now considered a 4A school for the sports that went to a 4 class system. Fairmont Senior is actually placed higher than Preston County and Hampshire. Please note I respect Fairmont Seniors program and commend the wrestlers of their school. As someone who works with a Single A school I can assure you having 900+ students makes a roster much easier to fill than a school with 150 kids. I think the smallest school in Region 1 was Hundred High School followed by Paden City. Both schools report less than 100 students. Information was obtained by the new SSAC 4 class system document. Yes, something needs to change but only looking at realignment should not be the only factor.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:24 am

Bearhugger wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:
Lloyd Christmas wrote:
What are some examples that support your claim??

The examples that support my claims is as follows:

The most competitive matches in the Regional Tournament should be the Consolation Semifinals, because it is either do or die. If you win you qualify for the state tournament and if you lose you get to sit and watch. In each region there are 28 of these matches and this year in Region One there were 21 pins. I am sorry but these are not competitive matches and those getting pinned cannot and will not compete for a spot on the podium at the state tournament.

Jon, go back to the college forum and tell us how great WVU's 133 is going to be next season. :)

Hey Bear, two things: One, I have never come on here and insulted you directly so don't do it to me. Deal? Two, I don't care who you are, you cannot say that if 21 out of 28 matches ends by a Major Decision, Tech Fall, or a Pin shows how strong and competitive your region is. The good news is that these results are right on par with every other region in the state. It is preposterous to think these 5th place finishers can contend for a state title.

Jenny Sacks Mole

Postby Jenny Sacks Mole » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:55 am

SingleAfan wrote:I think one area that needs revision is the true classification of teams. The SSAC in a statement to WV Metro News stated classification would be reviewed at a later date. In the topic of Region 1- Fairmont Senior is now considered a 4A school for the sports that went to a 4 class system. Fairmont Senior is actually placed higher than Preston County and Hampshire. Please note I respect Fairmont Seniors program and commend the wrestlers of their school. As someone who works with a Single A school I can assure you having 900+ students makes a roster much easier to fill than a school with 150 kids. I think the smallest school in Region 1 was Hundred High School followed by Paden City. Both schools report less than 100 students. Information was obtained by the new SSAC 4 class system document. Yes, something needs to change but only looking at realignment should not be the only factor.

Hey buddy you need to re-read the new 4 class school's. Fairmont Senior is AAA not AAAA.

Jenny Sacks Mole

Postby Jenny Sacks Mole » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:57 am

SingleAfan wrote:I think one area that needs revision is the true classification of teams. The SSAC in a statement to WV Metro News stated classification would be reviewed at a later date. In the topic of Region 1- Fairmont Senior is now considered a 4A school for the sports that went to a 4 class system. Fairmont Senior is actually placed higher than Preston County and Hampshire. Please note I respect Fairmont Seniors program and commend the wrestlers of their school. As someone who works with a Single A school I can assure you having 900+ students makes a roster much easier to fill than a school with 150 kids. I think the smallest school in Region 1 was Hundred High School followed by Paden City. Both schools report less than 100 students. Information was obtained by the new SSAC 4 class system document. Yes, something needs to change but only looking at realignment should not be the only factor.

Fairmont Senior also has 770 kids. Get your facts straight

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:10 am

Jon Perkins wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:The examples that support my claims is as follows:

Hey Bear, two things: One, I have never come on here and insulted you directly so don't do it to me. Deal? Two, I don't care who you are, you cannot say that if 21 out of 28 matches ends by a Major Decision, Tech Fall, or a Pin shows how strong and competitive your region is. The good news is that these results are right on par with every other region in the state. It is preposterous to think these 5th place finishers can contend for a state title.

Still waiting on a specific example.

Jenny Sacks Mole

Postby Jenny Sacks Mole » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 am

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Still waiting on a specific example.

He can't give one

fountaine1979

Postby fountaine1979 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:25 pm

So why does this need to be drug out for this long. Regions change just like voter regions. The powers that be do what they want and don’t give a flying hoohaw what even of us think. Bottom line is the top four make the states and that is that. And honestly everyone on here crying a river just needs to be promoting the sport and not dragging it down with all this crap!!!
And you all bickering back and forth and insulting each other is exactly what the internet does.

In the words of Mike Tyson “ Social media has made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it“

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:19 am

Jon Perkins wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Jon, if what I said insulted you, then wrestling is not a good sport for you to follow. It was a joke and I followed it up with a smiling face. I am also lost on the 2 out of 28 match comment. Furthermore, your comment of " It is preposterous to think these 5th place finishers can contend for a state title" is the kind of mentality that hurts wrestling. I am sure there were a few 5th placers that could have contended for a spot on the podium.

Go find WVU a 133.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Weir_Coach

Postby Weir_Coach » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:56 am

Jon Perkins wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Kinda hard to say Region 1 isn't competitive after that state tournament where 19 of 28 finalists were from Region 1, huh? :lol:

DelgottysHairStreak

Postby DelgottysHairStreak » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 am

Jenny Sacks Mole wrote:

Fairmont Senior also has 770 kids. Get your facts straight

Idk why you're arguing with this guy. fairmont going to the big class either way, pal.

Return to “High School Wrestling”