Any shake ups predicted in the polls after this weekend ?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Ol'Dad

Any shake ups predicted in the polls after this weekend ?

Postby Ol'Dad » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm

With all the tournaments going on this past weekend, does anyone foresee any big moves in the individual polls?

Bearhugger

Re: Any shake ups predicted in the polls after this weekend ?

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Some polls will need to be rewritten. Of course after the WSAZ, it will have to happen again.

Heaven forbid any JV wrestlers beat any ranked kids at the WSAZ. That is just not supposed to happen.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Some polls will need to be rewritten. Of course after the WSAZ, it will have to happen again.

Heaven forbid any JV wrestlers beat any ranked kids at the WSAZ. That is just not supposed to happen.

It's gonna be East Fairmonts two 106 pounders in the finals.

Ol'Dad

Postby Ol'Dad » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:47 pm

I'll be there. If both make it we will get a glimpse into the battles the two of them have every day in practice.

Ol'Dad

Postby Ol'Dad » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 pm

As far as the JV in the regionals, why not have a regional JV tournament the week before regionals and let the champions from each weight class compete in the regional tournament? This only adds 1 wrestler per weight class and that won't affect the tournament at all and will allow a quality JV wrestler to at least have a shot at the states.

IKnowWhatYouDont

Postby IKnowWhatYouDont » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 pm

As I was sitting at the Winners Choice tournament this past weekend I noticed that both #1 and #2 seeds in the state at the 152 pound weight class were supposed to attend because their teams were there but I saw that neither did. Where was Hinzman and Garcia? In my opinion the champion in the weight class would have stayed the same because Holley wrestled an amazing tournament and left with the MOW award, but those two could have made things very interesting to see where the wrestlers were really at in the rankings instead of assumptions. My opinion Holley #1, Lanham #2, Hinzman #3, and Garcia #4 at the AAA 152 pound weight class. But I could be proven wrong...

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Some polls will need to be rewritten. Of course after the WSAZ, it will have to happen again.

If both of them are given the opportunity to go to the WSAZ, then I hope it happens.

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:

If both of them are given the opportunity to go to the WSAZ, then I hope it happens.

Never happen even if they both go they will probably be put in same side of bracket so they won't see each other in final, if I was guessing

mattman

Postby mattman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Repoman1304 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:

Never happen even if they both go they will probably be put in same side of bracket so they won't see each other in final, if I was guessing

The tournament directors always try to keep teammates apart from each other. No way they end up on the same side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if both get seeded high also. Not sure if Hodges makes the trip to Huntington but him or Holt will be the only two you can seed ahead of Whorton right now. Cassiccio imo should be seeded top 5-6 as well

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 am

mattman wrote:
Repoman1304 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

The tournament directors always try to keep teammates apart from each other. No way they end up on the same side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if both get seeded high also. Not sure if Hodges makes the trip to Huntington but him or Holt will be the only two you can seed ahead of Whorton right now. Cassiccio imo should be seeded top 5-6 as well

I am ready to sit back and see what happens. This year I am tasked with some middle schoolers to watch too.

Return to “High School Wrestling”