Lusher-Miller

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bunk

Lusher-Miller

Postby Bunk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:39 am

I took the time to write this synopsis on the match on another thread only for it to be locked by the time I posted it, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so for those who didn't catch it here's my account of what went down.

Miller Scored the first TD, then I believe there were a couple of reversals. First couple of minutes Miller was really looking dangerous, borderline dominant- later in the match Liam begins to get scrappy and pulls out some EXTREMELY slick wrestling- down by 3 in the 2nd I believe Lusher starts to scramble around and winds up on top with a leg in, looked like he was riding pretty high and I was expecting him to get reversed shortly from the position he was in, but Miller's head was close to his legs and Lusher took notice- he proceeded to reach across his opponents body and executes a beautiful, and very painful looking banana split/spladle hybrid type of move from the best I could tell. (Coming very close to a fall!) At first it didn't look like he was going to score, but after a few moments Lusher was able to adjust and get Miller into criteria for a total of 4 nearfall points I believe because the move was stopped with the bottom wrestler in nearfall criteria. (Injury/blood time I believe). This exchange puts Lusher up by 3 at the start of the 3rd, Then Miller starts on bottom, gets an escape and they go back and forth getting in on leg attacks and scrapping around with Lusher up by 2, towards the end of the match Miller appeared to have whipped Lusher towards his back from a leg attack, many thought he had a takedown to make it an OT match and Lusher's back was exposed and he was in a lot of danger, but if a person looked closely at the position Lusher has a leg in and a claw and was scooting on his hip trying to get the corner on Miller when time was expiring, so control would've been difficult to establish. Lusher looked fantastic. Miller is a beast as well. Excellent match.
This was bar none the match of the tournament for me and Lusher would hands down be my MOW if they gave such an award at Zs, most exciting match I've seen in some time. Great for the sport.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Lusher-Miller

Postby admin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 am

Yeah, the other thread was getting a bit out of hand with "fans" getting in to some trash talking which no wrestler asks for, needs, or deserves.

This is a nice account of the match. No trash talk - just a factual and informative description of the match which any spectator who bought a ticket would have seen. Nice job and thanks for the contribution.

- the Editor
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 am

Pretty good description and nice catch on lushers leg in and claw most of the refs in the stands didn't see that, lol. Lusher looked sharp.

Frank

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 am

Thank you guys for the kind words.
Liam beat four very good kids and wrestlers to win. Most of those matches could have went the other way. This was just Liam's weekend and he deserved it.
I'm very proud of my boy.
Thanks again

wvnorth

Postby wvnorth » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 am

Frank wrote:Thank you guys for the kind words.
Liam beat four very good kids and wrestlers to win. Most of those matches could have went the other way. This was just Liam's weekend and he deserved it.
I'm very proud of my boy.
Thanks again

Great job Liam, I was told he looked phenomenal. Congratulations!!

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am

Good job Liam! Frank trained!
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Bunk wrote:I took the time to write this synopsis on the match on another thread only for it to be locked by the time I posted it, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so for those who didn't catch it here's my account of what went down.

Miller Scored the first TD, then I believe there were a couple of reversals. First couple of minutes Miller was really looking dangerous, borderline dominant- later in the match Liam begins to get scrappy and pulls out some EXTREMELY slick wrestling- down by 3 in the 2nd I believe Lusher starts to scramble around and winds up on top with a leg in, looked like he was riding pretty high and I was expecting him to get reversed shortly from the position he was in, but Miller's head was close to his legs and Lusher took notice- he proceeded to reach across his opponents body and executes a beautiful, and very painful looking banana split/spladle hybrid type of move from the best I could tell. (Coming very close to a fall!) At first it didn't look like he was going to score, but after a few moments Lusher was able to adjust and get Miller into criteria for a total of 4 nearfall points I believe because the move was stopped with the bottom wrestler in nearfall criteria. (Injury/blood time I believe). This exchange puts Lusher up by 3 at the start of the 3rd, Then Miller starts on bottom, gets an escape and they go back and forth getting in on leg attacks and scrapping around with Lusher up by 2, towards the end of the match Miller appeared to have whipped Lusher towards his back from a leg attack, many thought he had a takedown to make it an OT match and Lusher's back was exposed and he was in a lot of danger, but if a person looked closely at the position Lusher has a leg in and a claw and was scooting on his hip trying to get the corner on Miller when time was expiring, so control would've been difficult to establish. Lusher looked fantastic. Miller is a beast as well. Excellent match.
This was bar none the match of the tournament for me and Lusher would hands down be my MOW if they gave such an award at Zs, most exciting match I've seen in some time. Great for the sport.

To add, there was one time the match was stopped to address Lusher's bleeding and at the same time, Miller was laying on the mat in pain from the spladle.

I also want to apologize to any of the women and children sitting near me during the match. When the spladle came out of no where, I started screaming "holy $xxt" a few times.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”