Questions Answered.....For Now

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Sally

Questions Answered.....For Now

Postby Sally » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:59 pm

This was a great weekend of wrestling in Huntington. Good job to the staff and coaches at WSAZ. It was nice to see some out of state teams show up as well.
There were a lot of great match ups in every class. It was nice to see the kids settling things on the mat. It will be interesting to see if the results change between some of the match ups at states.
There were only two WSAZ Champs from out of state (132,152). AAA had 6 champs and A/AA had the other 6 champs. AAA had 4 teams finish in the top 10 with A/AA also having 4 teams finish in the top 10.
I am a fan of 1 state tournament with all school classifications combined and regionals being tweaked a bit. We won't see it this year.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

keepitinthecircle

Re: Questions Answered.....For Now

Postby keepitinthecircle » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Sally wrote:This was a great weekend of wrestling in Huntington. Good job to the staff and coaches at WSAZ. It was nice to see some out of state teams show up as well.
There were a lot of great match ups in every class. It was nice to see the kids settling things on the mat. It will be interesting to see if the results change between some of the match ups at states.
There were only two WSAZ Champs from out of state (132,152). AAA had 6 champs and A/AA had the other 6 champs. AAA had 4 teams finish in the top 10 with A/AA also having 4 teams finish in the top 10.
I am a fan of 1 state tournament with all school classifications combined and regionals being tweaked a bit. We won't see it this year.

Are you all for combining all classes in all sports in state also? If your gonna do one sport do them all.

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:30 pm

keepitinthecircle wrote:
Sally wrote:This was a great weekend of wrestling in Huntington. Good job to the staff and coaches at WSAZ. It was nice to see some out of state teams show up as well.

Are you all for combining all classes in all sports in state also? If your gonna do one sport do them all.

Well, many other sports have much higher levels of participation than Wrestling. I don't think there is a school in the state without a football team, for instance. You're also trying to compare team sports to individual sports, and those are two very different things.
That said, I don't give a hoot what other sports do. I am worried about wrestling.
Maybe it would be easier to have a discussion if you didn't try to muddy the waters so much, eh?
Keep it in the circle, right? You want to talk about the gridiron or the basketball court, find a forum for it.
sentenceseller

Sally

Postby Sally » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:02 am

I am sorry I did not clarify my thoughts on an, All Classes Combined State Wrestling Tournament. I am commenting on wrestling only and do not want to compare apples to oranges. I thought it was great that the individual champions and top 10 finishers as a team were so balanced across AAA and A/AA. We may not see a combined state tournament in the future. I am simply commenting that I like the idea.

I commented on some great matches that many fans wanted to see. The wrestlers settled things this past weekend and I wonder if any of these results will be different at states. I fail to see how waters got muddy. ;)

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 am

Green crush...........u complete me.

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Sally wrote:I am sorry I did not clarify my thoughts on an, All Classes Combined State Wrestling Tournament. I am commenting on wrestling only and do not want to compare apples to oranges. I thought it was great that the individual champions and top 10 finishers as a team were so balanced across AAA and A/AA. We may not see a combined state tournament in the future. I am simply commenting that I like the idea.

I commented on some great matches that many fans wanted to see. The wrestlers settled things this past weekend and I wonder if any of these results will be different at states. I fail to see how waters got muddy. ;)

I wasn't saying you muddied the waters. I was responding to keepitinthecircle.
I agree with you.
sentenceseller

Sally

Postby Sally » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:07 pm

The Williamstown Rumble hosts several AA/A teams this weekend.

Looking ahead the MSAC seems to be the next big headliner with important AAA match ups.

Return to “High School Wrestling”