Coalfield 138

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
greencrush

Coalfield 138

Postby greencrush » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:26 am

Anybody care to explain what happened at Coalfield at 138? I wasn't there, but I saw something strange in the bracket that caught my eye.
sentenceseller

vortexfan

Re: Coalfield 138

Postby vortexfan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:45 pm

From looking at the brackets two things come to mind there was two good wrestlers at 138 that were hurt by injury, I'm not sure if these are two of the three that had season ending injuries by another post (dislocated shoulders) on this forum but appears they had common opponent too.
Is it coincidence or something else? Was it the same ref?
I hope there was nothing questionable about this but it's sad to see this happen to two talented wrestlers.
I was not there to witness the injuries.

Blast_Double

Postby Blast_Double » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I didn't see the first match but I can say that in the finals it was just a freak incident. The kid from Bluefield appeared very concerned after it occurred. Prayers for a speedy recovery to everyone injured yesterday

Bunk

Postby Bunk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Three freak incidents in one tournament. I can assure anyone that is the extent of the incidents, it's very sad on behalf of all involved, but let's please refrain from making any indictments about Bluefields wrestler, he's a fine young man and he's put enough stress on his own shoulders over what happened Saturday, he doesn't need anymore stress from fans and spectators who've never so much as spoken to the kid. The incident of injury I saw Saturday was uncanny and unprecedented, but correlation is not causation. I actually mentioned the incident to a friend of mine whom I used to wrestle with, and he told me that when he was the same age he dislocated an opponents elbow with a variation of a slide by that he used, then a week later inflicted the same injury on a teammate who was poised to be on the podium at states. Sad as these events are, they happen and it's an ugly part of the sport. My regards go to all involved, three sure-fire state places going down before regionals is a disappointment to wrestling fans all across the state, especially with 2 seniors among them.
-To those seniors- congratulations on outstanding careers and representing WV well, your contributions to the competitiveness and depth of your respective weight divisions will not be overlooked. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors and I wish you all well on your path to recovery.
-To Alex Hart- I hope you recover as quickly as possible and don't get too caught up in the outcome from yesterday, when you recover, zero in and win that state title my friend. Once again, best of luck.

Here's hoping for an injury free, competitive and safe regional and state tournament.

Bunk

Postby Bunk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 pm

To clarify, the 3rd wrestler involved that I mentioned was not a 138, but another elbow Injury at 106.

mattman

Postby mattman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Bunk wrote:Three freak incidents in one tournament. I can assure anyone that is the extent of the incidents, it's very sad on behalf of all involved, but let's please refrain from making any indictments about Bluefields wrestler, he's a fine young man and he's put enough stress on his own shoulders over what happened Saturday, he doesn't need anymore stress from fans and spectators who've never so much as spoken to the kid. The incident of injury I saw Saturday was uncanny and unprecedented, but correlation is not causation. I actually mentioned the incident to a friend of mine whom I used to wrestle with, and he told me that when he was the same age he dislocated an opponents elbow with a variation of a slide by that he used, then a week later inflicted the same injury on a teammate who was poised to be on the podium at states. Sad as these events are, they happen and it's an ugly part of the sport. My regards go to all involved, three sure-fire state places going down before regionals is a disappointment to wrestling fans all across the state, especially with 2 seniors among them.
-To those seniors- congratulations on outstanding careers and representing WV well, your contributions to the competitiveness and depth of your respective weight divisions will not be overlooked. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors and I wish you all well on your path to recovery.
-To Alex Hart- I hope you recover as quickly as possible and don't get too caught up in the outcome from yesterday, when you recover, zero in and win that state title my friend. Once again, best of luck.

Here's hoping for an injury free, competitive and safe regional and state tournament.
nobody mentioned a negative word about Bluefield. Why would you play captain insinuate and assume someone would say a negative word about a kid? Trigg is a good kid and would never try to pull a stunt like that of any kind. Blast double even went out of his way to say Trigg looked very concerned. Come on man

Bunk

Postby Bunk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:46 pm

I saw a quote reading "coincidence or something else" and at the tournament there were lots of concerned fans who's concern was close to devolving into disdain for an innocent wrestler, I was just tying to make a statement on his behalf in the event that discussion on this forum were to devolve in a similar way. Sorry if it came off a bit presumptuous.

Return to “High School Wrestling”