WV-Mat -- State Tournament Results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
admin
Site Admin

WV-Mat -- State Tournament Results

Postby admin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Once again this year, we will attempt to get State Tournament results posted as promptly as possible.

Provided, of course, that my automobile doesn't blow up on the way to Huntington, my computer doesn't crash, the WiFi works, my back-up WiFi via my hand-held works, etc, etc.

I have added a box on the front page where I plan to plug in results as available.

I recognize that these days probably half the website views are via hand-helds, and, admittedly, the front page is not very hand-held-friendly.

A common complaint I get is that there is TOO MUCH stuff on the website, and viewers cant find what they are looking for. That's a topic for discussion another day.... (But if you have complaints, or better still suggestions, by all means spew them out here).

Once again, may I suggest that hand-held users go to this page:

http://www.wvmat.com/mobileindex9.htm

Do the "add shortcut to home screen" thingy

Then access the website via this link on your hand-held.

I have added a separate link here for this year's state tournament.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

B Lawrence

Re: WV-Mat -- State Tournament Results

Postby B Lawrence » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Outstanding thank you!

Jbee

Postby Jbee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks Doc, bug help for us out of Staters
Lifes tough....Wear a Helmet!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Personally, I do not think there is enough stuff on the website.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Cummings

Postby Cummings » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:24 pm

If I know 1 thing, I know this site is the best wrestling site in the U.S....Things I do not know is how to make the page more user friendly for new folks. My perspective is from someone who has spent countless hours here. I feel comfortable sharing information and telling folks where they can find what they want. I guess I'm a WVMAT Snob.

I can not provide the perspective for someone new to the site (parents, wrestlers, fans or grandparents).

Please keep the site as is and keep adding the data or recording for the future.

If possible can we have an "app" that's easier for the handheld devices as well as new user friendly.

Suggestion (Doc probly already thought of this)- Can you take the top 10 most visited items from the WVMAT site and shrink it into the newer version?
I am sure the possibilities are endless.

What would we do without WVMAT?
[color=#FF0000]Lee Cummings

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 pm

First of all - thanks for the kind words.

Cummings wrote:If possible can we have an "app" that's easier for the handheld devices as well as new user friendly?

Unfortunately, I am not computer code literate enough to configure this so that the home page link goes to different links for a hand-held vs a desktop. Fancy websites do - this home-made product does not. <sigh> Perhaps some day I can figure this out.

When I added this page I was thinking it might be a poor-man's work-around:
http://www.wvmat.com/mobileindex9.htm

Do the "add shortcut to home screen" thingy. Then access the website via this link on your hand-held.

Has anybody tried this? Does it work out for you? I have this on my hand-held home screen and use it much.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 pm

Anyone that thinks WVMAT is not set up well should check out Kentucky state wrestling site and you will change your mind. WVMAT is pretty user friendly and things are fairly easy to find. Keep up the good work!

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Jchap8750 wrote:Anyone that thinks WVMAT is not set up well should check out Kentucky state wrestling site and you will change your mind. WVMAT is pretty user friendly and things are fairly easy to find. Keep up the good work!

This website is just one of many examples of Kentucky making WV look good.

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 am

Doc, nice work on the mobile version! I plan to use this extensively this weekend. I believe it has every page that I access over the course of the tournament. Just from a personal standpoint, I prefer this over an app because my phone is probably too full to download another app. Lol.

Oh, and I will have my Verizon MiFi with me again this year, just in case we need it Saturday night, or even before.

Armyman

Postby Armyman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:45 pm

:D Doc thank you for all that you do with the page. I know it's easy to navigate, even Gator can figure it out :lol:

magna145

Postby magna145 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Nice work Doc!

Return to “High School Wrestling”