Why are R-2 Champ & runner up not in State ?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

Why are R-2 Champ & runner up not in State ?

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Can someone on here tell me why the Champ & Runner-up in Region 2 not competing in the State tournament .This puts a (3-4) freshman and a (9-32) sophmore in the State Tournament. I know this is going by the rules, but it just doesn't seem fair. If this rule were changed we could have had R-1 fifth placer Hunter Bishop (26-18) from Preston Co. competing.

vortexfan

Re: Why are R-2 Champ & runner up not in State ?

Postby vortexfan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Now let's not do anything fair it's been like this for years or that's the comment I hear when changing the rules to get the best wrestlers at the state tourney!

A two regional format would be the best for the states and this sport! Top 8 placers from the North and South region advance, if one of them can't make the LUXURIOUS part 1 tourney or the continuation part 2 of the state the next higher wrestler would have the opportunity to go!

Or let's keep the traditional 4 regional format and talk about this every year! (remember it's been this way for years so it must be right)

MaleMatMaid

Re: Why are R-2 Champ & runner up not in State ?

Postby MaleMatMaid » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 pm

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Can someone on here tell me why the Champ & Runner-up in Region 2 not competing in the State tournament .This puts a (3-4) freshman and a (9-32) sophmore in the State Tournament. I know this is going by the rules, but it just doesn't seem fair. If this rule were changed we could have had R-1 fifth placer Hunter Bishop (26-18) from Preston Co. competing.

The (3-4) freshman and (9-32) sophomore were already in the state tournament :roll:

Return to “High School Wrestling”