Looking for West Virginia HS Teams

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
millerj1050

Looking for West Virginia HS Teams

Postby millerj1050 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Science Hill High School in Johnson City, TN is located in the Northeast corner of Tennessee minutes from NC & VA state border and we are looking to bring down a few West Virginia High School teams to increase the overall quality of our events that we host each season.

Tony Farrace Duals
December 16, 2017
@ Science Hill High School
Johnson City, Tennessee

This is a 1-day dual tournament with 6-8 teams on 4 mats. Each team will wrestle 5 matches on the day. We currently have teams from Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Previous teams from this event include multiple state champion teams like Arab HS (Alabama), Buford HS (Georgia), Eastside HS (South Carolina), and Dorman HS (South Carolina).

Fandetti-Richardson Brawl
January 13, 2018
@ Science Hill High School
Johnson City, Tennessee

This is a 1-day modified 16-man pool tournament. Each wrestler will be seeded into 4-man pools, all wrestlers get 3 matches regardless of outcome. The pool results will determine Round 4 and Round 5 placement. Pool winners will be placed in a 4-man championship semi-final bracket to determine the top 4 medalist. Pool runner-ups will be placed in a 4-man consolation semi-final bracket to determine 5th-8th place. If a wrestler does not advance after the pool rounds he will be done for the day with his 3 matches. Our event is one of the toughest events in our state with competition from many surrounding states. We also offer a full JV & Girls tournament in our adjacent gym the same day in order for teams to bring more kids on one trip. We also offer out of town tournament teams dual matches on Friday night which bumps up the number of matches you can wrestle during the weekend. The 2017 event produced 55 state medalist this post season from 4 different states. If you would like to be a part of any of our events please let me know.

Jimmy Miller
Head Wrestling
Science Hill HS
millerj@jcschools.org

aacoach106

Re: Looking for West Virginia HS Teams

Postby aacoach106 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

I wrestled the brawl my senior year, I was on a Tennessee team but it is a great tournament and Johnson city is an awesome town

millerj1050

Postby millerj1050 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks, our program puts on a great event and we really work to get quality competition in the gym each season. We have a team interested in coming to Fandetti which is great and looking for WV team for our dual event.

millerj1050

Postby millerj1050 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 am

Bump

millerj1050

Postby millerj1050 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:43 pm

I have 1 spot left and would like to fill with a West Virginia team, please let me know if your team is interested.

Thanks
Jimmy Miller

Return to “High School Wrestling”