Bluefield College Wrestling

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
BCRW

Bluefield College Wrestling

Postby BCRW » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Coaches, parents, high school seniors,

Several months ago, I began with the goal of adding another collegiate opportunity for wrestlers. With prayers, and the enthusiastic support of President, Dr. Olive and many others, Bluefield College has brought to life that goal.

I am now taking the challenge to put a team on the mat this coming fall. Whereas most kids, academic and wrestler alike, have already made their commitments and decisions about where they will be attending, I am seeking out those seniors who haven’t found their next “home”, yet. Some of the seniors I’ll be recruiting had an idea about where they would pursue their academic goals, but left wrestling out of the collegiate picture because of limited options. I’m looking to provide another option to get more kids wrestling and excelling in college. Like myself, you probably believe that wrestling improves people’s lives, so having your young men continue to do it in college can be an enrichment for them that would be hard to find a replacement for.

In this inaugural season of wrestling at Bluefield College, I will be putting the team on a path that leads to a quality education and graduation, a path that will continue them in a pursuit to be the best version of themselves on and off the mat, and a path that fosters joy in their lives with the feeding of their mind, body, and spirit.

If you have wrestlers who are graduating this year, let them know about this opportunity. Let me know about them so that I can get them a visit to Bluefield and answer their questions.

I have recently spoken with Ryan Schalles, who is an alumnus of Bluefield College and the son of wrestling legend, Wade Schalles. I share his enthusiasm at the birth of this wrestling program, and I know that this is the beginning of something great. Bluefield is small, but like wrestling in Virginia, it is growing and on the move with people excited about it. Each and every time I visit Bluefield I am astounded at the grace and will of the people I encounter there- I am surrounded by the welcome of familial community from people I don’t know yet, but also propelled into their movement of growth, faith, and action; I’m struck by the awesome landscape that surrounds it; most of all I can’t wait to show this place to the young men that will come here and add to its mission.

Sincerely,
Jason Waelti
Head Wrestling Coach, BC Rams
540-793-4552
jwaelti@vt.edu

Frank

Re: Bluefield College Wrestling

Postby Frank » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm

When's open mats?

Return to “High School Wrestling”