Gladiators' Wrestling Club

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Gladiators' Wrestling Club

Postby Bearhugger » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 pm

On May 2nd, work took me to Pittsburgh, PA. Before heading back to WV, it hit me that there was a wrestling club in PA that a few of the WV Northern Panhandle grapplers hung out at. Upon a quick inquiry, I discovered that I was only 7 miles away.

I took a detour to go watch practice.

This is a good looking club!!!!! Upon pulling in the lot, I took a picture of the sign. Some big guy asked me what I was doing there. Luckily I knew the right names to mention to then get the red carpet rolled out.

Outside of the front door were many large tires, sledge hammers and weight sleds. Upon entry, there was a parents' lounge for the moms to hang out while their sons fine tune their techniques. However, a squat rack had recently been built in the middle of the lounge and the moms were standing.

One corner was filled with Olympic bars and stacks of weights.

One wall was home for 7 chin up bars.

The practice and drilling was very efficient and focused.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

MaleMatMaid

Re: Gladiators' Wrestling Club

Postby MaleMatMaid » Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 am

Bearhugger wrote:On May 2nd, work took me to Pittsburgh, PA. Before heading back to WV, it hit me that there was a wrestling club in PA that a few of the WV Northern Panhandle grapplers hung out at. Upon a quick inquiry, I discovered that I was only 7 miles away.

I took a detour to go watch practice.

This is a good looking club!!!!! Upon pulling in the lot, I took a picture of the sign. Some big guy asked me what I was doing there. Luckily I knew the right names to mention to then get the red carpet rolled out.

Outside of the front door were many large tires, sledge hammers and weight sleds. Upon entry, there was a parents' lounge for the moms to hang out while their sons fine tune their techniques. However, a squat rack had recently been built in the middle of the lounge and the moms were standing.

One corner was filled with Olympic bars and stacks of weights.

One wall was home for 7 chin up bars.

The practice and drilling was very efficient and focused.

Sooooo what exactly is the point of this story??

Wmc2

Re: Gladiators' Wrestling Club

Postby Wmc2 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Your welcome to stop by anytime your close by Bearhugger. Something going on there 6 days a week. These kids are working hard all summer to get better and stronger.

Return to “High School Wrestling”