Lots of Early Duals, but ?

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach64

Lots of Early Duals, but ?

Postby mscoach64 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:49 am

Ive been seeing lots of Duals, Quads, etc from Mid Dec to Early Jan.....but, what about mid to late January? Anything going on then?

uknowme

Re: Lots of Early Duals, but ?

Postby uknowme » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:24 pm

If you look at the front page of WVMAT and scroll down, under middle school it list the tournaments that have been given to Doc. There are several listed for mid-late Jan.

McKinley Invitational Jan 8th/9th (don't know format)
Spencer Duals Jan 9th
Wahama Pools Jan 9th
Hayes Invitational Jan 15th/16th (don't know format)
Milton Duals Jan 16th
Hamilton Invitational Jan 18th (don't know format)
WSAZ Jan 22nd/23rd Double Elimination
WV Duals Jan 29th/30th

Most of these tournament have links posted on the front page with information regarding their respective tournament. Many have also been posted earlier on the message board. Just gotta look around for them. You would be surprised how some tournaments fill up way before the season even starts. It's a good idea to start planning and entering the tournaments you would like to attend or you may get left out.

uknowme

Re: Lots of Early Duals, but ?

Postby uknowme » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:28 pm

As far as quads, I don't know if many schools post on here looking for schools to fill their quads/tris. With most middle schools involved in a conference, I would assume if they run quads/tris then they would want to fill them with conference members. I do know that Wood County the last couple years have had quads to fill throughout the year. They usually post them on here to see if anyone is interested. That would mean you would be traveling to somewhere like Ripley, Ravenswood, Blennerhassett, Edison, Hamilton, Ritchie County, Jackson, etc. Don't know about your travel needs.

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”