WV JR STATES Seeding meeting and info

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Buddy_Roberts19

WV JR STATES Seeding meeting and info

Postby Buddy_Roberts19 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Just a few updates, The deadline for The WV Jr States at Parkersburg is approaching soon. All online entries and mail in entries must be received by Feb 13th at Midnight.

The Seeding meeting will be on Feb 17th, 10am, at the Comfort suites in Mineral Wells WV. I have been notified of some concerns for the seeding meeting being scheduled on the same day as the WVYWA event. I understand this makes it tough for all coaches to attend. Please know this is the only day available we could get while considering our timeline for our legwork. I encourage at least one coach or representing parent from every team to attend.

Shortly after the entry deadline my staff and I will do a "pre-seed" of each weight class to get things started for the main seeding meeting. Coaches who are not able to attend on the day of our seeding meeting are welcome to call me on the 15th to see the results of our initial "pre-seed" and voice any opinion they may have on how things are seeded. My staff and I will hear your thoughts, take notes and be better equipped for the official seeding meeting. Our mission is to separate the top 6-8 wrestlers in each weight class at the time of the seeding meeting. My number is 304-615-0351 if you have any questions or concerns about entries or seeding. Again, My staff will make every attempt possible to separate the top 8 kids in each weight class based on record, results and common opponents. However, we still encourage at least 1 coach or parent to attend for representation of each team.

As always this is only open to WV residents. Participants "do not" have to qualify to participate. There is a .4 weight allowance. We will place the top 6 finishers in each weight class with the Championship trophy being 3ft tall. Champion will also receive a championship T-Shirt. Team Trophies will also be 3ft tall and awarded to the Top 3 teams in the tournament.

FST Images will be there both days taking action shots for purchase and will also be doing podium pictures. If you would like to see their work you can find them on Facebook by searching FST Images

Tournament Apparel and gear will be sold on both days by our new vendor Blue Chip Wrestling Apparel

Admission is $5 each day. We will be selling 1 and 2 day wristbands at weigh ins and will provide a "Pass Only Gate" to help your wait time in line.

Hospitality Room will be available both days for Coaches, officials and Staff. A nice Concessions stand will also be provided as well for the Spectators and Participants.

For out of town Families, The Comfort Suites In Mineral Wells and The Hampton Inn of Mineral Wells are offering rooms for $79 a night. Each Hotel located within 15 minutes of PHS. See flyers attached. The Hampton INN in Parkersburg "IS NOT" Participating in this discount.

We hope to see everyone, Participants can register online @ https://www.woodcowrestling.com/
Attachments
hampton - states.docx
(119.88 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
comfort - states.docx
(143.65 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Buddy Roberts
Wood County Wrestling

Return to “Youth Wrestling”