WV JR STATES Update

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Buddy_Roberts19

WV JR STATES Update

Postby Buddy_Roberts19 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am

Jr States Wrestlers,

A few updates about this weekends tournament.

1) PHS boys Basketball is hosting a playoff game vs South Friday night, This may cause some issues with parking as I'm sure there will be a huge turnout for the game. Weigh ins for the Jr States will go on as planned. We will start weigh ins at 3:30 and end them at 9:30. The gates for the game open at 5:15 and the game should be over by 9:00pm. My suggestion is if possible, Try to weigh in between 3:30 and 5:00. This making it easier to find a parking space and help get you in and out quicker. Please do not try to enter the building before 3:30. Weigh ins will be held in the Jack Stephens Gym Not the Fieldhouse (Big Gym). If you walk past the main gym outside towards the rear of the building, the Jack Stephens Gym where weigh ins are held will be on your right directly behind the fieldhouse, if you turn up the walk way beside the chain link fence the walk will lead you directly into weigh ins. Please use this door to enter and exit weigh ins (do not enter the fieldhouse (big gym). I will try to have a sign out side the weigh in doors to help direct you.

2) Weigh ins. Before getting on the scales all wrestlers must go through a skin and nails check. We ask that all wrestlers be in line in shorts or singlet ready for skin checks. This helps speed things up if wrestlers are ready to go. Nails must be trimmed on the spot (clippers provided) if your nails don't pass. If you have any "Questionable" Skin conditions a NFHS Medical release form must be filled out by doctor, and treatment started within 72 hours of event as stated or you will not be permitted to wrestle. Some parents who registered their Wrestler online "Used Auto Fill" To enter their address, In doin so this changed the participants name. We may have a few name corrections to do. We can fix these at Weigh ins.

3) Weight allowance for the Jr States as in previous years will be (.4). Weigh in times Friday are 330-930 for all ages. Saturday 700am-830am for all ages. Saturday 200-300pm for 11-12 & 13-15 ages. Sunday 700am-8am for weight classes with 3 or less participants.

4) Weight classes with 3 or less will be a round Robin and will only Wrestle on Sunday. Weight classes with 4 or more will be a bracket and wrestle at least one match on Saturday.

5) We will wrestle the championship semis on Saturday for each weight class with 4 or more. At the conclusion of Saturday wrestling there will be 2 wrestlers in the top and 4 in the bottom. We will start with the consolation semi finals on Sunday.

6) We will be using wrist bands this year for floor and hospitality passes. These will be handed out in packets at weigh ins. Numbers of passes each team receives is determined by the amount of kids your team has registered. If you do not have a floor pass you will not be permitted in the corner or on the floor. Those violating this will be asked to return to the stands or leave. Please help us out by remaining in the stands without a floor pass.

7) Coaches, Officials, Spectators and Tournament Staff. Please DO NOT park on the grass ANYWHERE or in NO PARKING zones. Your car will be towed. Parkersburg City police will be on hand and will be monitoring the parking areas. I do not wanna see anyone get towed so please park wisely.

8) Blue Chip Wrestling will be on hand Selling tournament T's, Wrestling gear and apparel.

9) Any and All A, AA, AAA Highschool State Champions are Welcome on Sunday to be announced during the Parade of Champions.

10) Programs $5, Spectators $5, We will have 1 day passes $5 and 2 Day Passes $10 Available at Weigh ins on Friday or at the gates on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope I have answered any questions you may have, These are some that I have been called about or important info I thought I should share ahead of time. As Always, if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call or shoot me a text. 304-615-0351
Buddy Roberts
Wood County Wrestling

scorpeo1

Re: WV JR STATES Update

Postby scorpeo1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:41 pm

What weights will be wrestling Sunday only?

Return to “Youth Wrestling”