Kids Nationals Freestyle Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
RickWelkerShow

Kids Nationals Freestyle Tournament

Postby RickWelkerShow » Thu May 09, 2019 10:24 am

We are looking to take a group of kids to Dells, Wisconsin for the USA wrestling Kids National Freestyle and Greco Roman Championship. As we continue to grow the sport not only in numbers but competitiveness as well, many coaches across the state believe this is the next step in that process.

With the past successes we have had with our WVWAY Teams competing at the Nuway National Dual we believe that we can compete in these styles as well. I know that Freestyle and Greco is new to a lot of our wrestlers but we have to start somewhere and we believe that now is the time.

The tournament is being held in Dells, Wisconsin and wrestlers don’t have to compete in both styles. Weigh ins for Greco (if you are doing that style) is Thursday June 27 and competition begins on Friday, June 28th. Weigh Ins for Freestyle is Friday, June 28th and competition begins on Saturday, June 29th.

Age groups for this tournament is 14U, 12U, 10U and 8U.

We have begun organizing some of the logistical issues to make things as easy as possible.

Understanding that some may not be able to attend our regional qualifier we have asked our USA Wrestling State Chairperson to reach out to USA Wrestling about waivers and they will be granted.

For those of you interested in Kids Nationals and will be in Parkersburg this weekend for Freestyle states I am hoping to have the opportunity to pass out information while referees are conducting rules clinic at 10am.

For those of you who will not be attending and would like more information please feel free by email at richardwelker51@yahoo.com or text me your name and I will call you back at (304) 830-2388.

Thanks,
Rick Welker

Return to “Youth Wrestling”