11th Junior State Title

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

11th Junior State Title

Postby Gator » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Congratulations to Braxton Amos on his record 11th Junior State Title!
Moderator WV Mat

todd lambiotte

Re: 11th Junior State Title

Postby todd lambiotte » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Pretty amazing accomplishment. You have worked harder than any other wrestler I have seen and deserve all 11 of your titles. It has been fun watching you over the years. Thank you for asking back to your corner one last time that really meant a lot.

timamos

Postby timamos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks Gator! Todd, he thought it was fitting that he end this chapter the way it began, with you in the corner.
It's hard to believe how fast time goes. Two of them stick out in my mind: when he pulled out a last second win as a 5 year old and how he came back to win on basically one leg as an 11 year old. Good times. I sat down and made a list of the men and women who helped Braxton over the years, whether it was actively coaching him or just offering a word of encouragement when he needed it. The list was too long to put on here and I would be afraid that I would accidentally leave someone out. He's been fortunate to have role models in the practice room, tough practice partners year round, and great coaches who were not afraid to pick him up when he needed it nor to kick his butt when he needed that too. He's worked hard and learned from all of you. Yesterday was bitter sweet, the next chapter will be interesting.

A special thank you to the people who make the Jr State Tournament possible.

jrob

Postby jrob » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:22 pm

I have been around Braxton for several years now and can tell you that he is the hardest working, most driven kid I have met on and off the mat. There is not another kid out there that is more deserving of this title than Braxton. My respect for him and his family is high and will be excited to see what happens in the future. He is a great kid and it has been a pleasure and a gift to be in the same room with him over the years. Congratulations on 11 titles!! I can't wait to see what happens next.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”