2017 WVYWA State Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
J.W.

2017 WVYWA State Tournament

Postby J.W. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Wanted to post a thank you to all of the people who made this year's tournament a huge success.

The association for pulling it all together, regional directors, Kevin and Don from TN AS I, 3X Gear, the officiating crew, and the 100's of volunteers that rolled out and up mats, worked tables, ran the awards distribution, and all of the other details that went into it.

Great job, ran smooth, and some outstanding wrestling on display.

Thanks to all involved and congratulations wrestlers.

Goldenponyboy

Re: 2017 WVYWA State Tournament

Postby Goldenponyboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 pm

I was just about to post the same thing. Great tournament and even better than last year. Made some changes and made it a lot smoother and I know we will make the right adjustments for even better 2018 tournament. Thanks a lot for everyone involved. Workers, chairman, officials, coaches, parents, and of course to the wrestlers to put on some great wrestling. I saw some amazing matches this weekend. Looking forward to 2018!

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Goldenponyboy wrote:I was just about to post the same thing. Great tournament and even better than last year. Made some changes and made it a lot smoother and I know we will make the right adjustments for even better 2018 tournament. Thanks a lot for everyone involved. Workers, chairman, officials, coaches, parents, and of course to the wrestlers to put on some great wrestling. I saw some amazing matches this weekend. Looking forward to 2018!

Great tourney! One suggestion for next year. Do away with the hour long intermission. Its a long weekend for the kids. I understand table workers and refs want a break but we should have enough volunteers and refs so they can fill in while others take a break. I just felt it was drug out too long on day 2. Great tourney though overall!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 am

I thought tournament was good. I do have a suggestion as well. I wonder if its reasonable to make the bottom row seats to be reserved for parents who want to come down and watch their son, take a picture, or record the match? Maybe it wouldn't be possible....and, this is no way a gripe about the tournament. I felt the leaders put on a good tourney.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”