Sam Hillegas transfers to WVU

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Letsgooo

Sam Hillegas transfers to WVU

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:03 am

Pretty descent pick up. Two time Pennsylvanian state champ and two time place winner. Still has 3-4 years if he wants them. Didn’t do much at vtech but he had Bryce Andonian who is great (probably the most fun wrestler to watch honestly lol. Always bombing guys).

We sort of have a log jam at 141-149 but he’s beaten all our starters at either weights so if he’s healthy he should definitely take a spot. Our depth is greatly improving.

Could still use an upper weight transfer but the lineups coming together.

Jon Perkins

Re: Sam Hillegas transfers to WVU

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:22 pm

Letsgooo wrote:Pretty descent pick up. Two time Pennsylvanian state champ and two time place winner. Still has 3-4 years if he wants them. Didn’t do much at vtech but he had Bryce Andonian who is great (probably the most fun wrestler to watch honestly lol. Always bombing guys).

We sort of have a log jam at 141-149 but he’s beaten all our starters at either weights so if he’s healthy he should definitely take a spot. Our depth is greatly improving.

I was pleased to see that WVU was able to land another good wrestler out of the transfer portal. I am hoping that he can or has put on enough size to compete at 149 pounds. I feel that is where they need the most help between those two weight classes. Next year they should have either Davin Rhoads or Ryan Sullivan at 141 pounds, both of which should be very solid at that weight class while Jeff Boyd has shown to be pretty inconsistent at 149 pounds. In the end it doesn't much matter which weight he decides to wrestle he is a great addition and will benefit the team either in competition or preparing others for competition in the practice room.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:20 am

Jon Perkins wrote:
Letsgooo wrote:Pretty descent pick up. Two time Pennsylvanian state champ and two time place winner. Still has 3-4 years if he wants them. Didn’t do much at vtech but he had Bryce Andonian who is great (probably the most fun wrestler to watch honestly lol. Always bombing guys).

I was pleased to see that WVU was able to land another good wrestler out of the transfer portal. I am hoping that he can or has put on enough size to compete at 149 pounds. I feel that is where they need the most help between those two weight classes. Next year they should have either Davin Rhoads or Ryan Sullivan at 141 pounds, both of which should be very solid at that weight class while Jeff Boyd has shown to be pretty inconsistent at 149 pounds. In the end it doesn't much matter which weight he decides to wrestle he is a great addition and will benefit the team either in competition or preparing others for competition in the practice room.

I do not see where Ryan Sullivan or Dusty Rhoads competed in wrestle offs. Where are they?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 am

Sullivan is obviously not on the roster so who knows where he is and at this point, who cares? I would say that ship has sailed. As far as the "American Dream" Dusty Rhoads, I can confirm that he was indeed in the Shell Building in Morgantown on Sunday. As far as competing in the Open Tournaments the next few weeks, only him and the coaching staff knows what his status is.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:07 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:Sullivan is obviously not on the roster so who knows where he is and at this point, who cares? I would say that ship has sailed. As far as the "American Dream" Dusty Rhoads, I can confirm that he was indeed in the Shell Building in Morgantown on Sunday. As far as competing in the Open Tournaments the next few weeks, only him and the coaching staff knows what his status is.

All WVU fans should care somewhat. Sullivan qualified for the NCAA Tournament. He left the team and then the team brought him back. Now he is AWOL again.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “Collegiate”