WVU lands top PA recruit

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach61

WVU lands top PA recruit

Postby aacoach61 » Sun May 07, 2023 11:06 pm

FloWrestling reporting that high school senior to be Rune Lawrence, a 3X PA state AA champ (currently ranked #8 at 195 including graduating seniors) from nearby Frazier HS 30 miles south of Pittsburgh, has announced on social media that he has committed to WVU. Lawrence is the #13 ranked recruit overall for next season.

According to Flo: “This is West Virginia's second top 20 recruit in the last three years, as Brody Conley was ranked #19 on the 2022 Big Board. Other recent blue chip recruits for the Mountaineers include #32 Ty Watters from the class of 2023 and #25 Jordan Titus from the class of 2021, evidence that Mountaineer head coach Tim Flynn has the WVU program headed in the right direction.”

Letsgooo

Re: WVU lands top PA recruit

Postby Letsgooo » Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 am

Huge get. The same day Wright commits to vtech? Damn

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Wed May 10, 2023 3:32 pm

This is a fantastic commitment for the Mountaineers. I think the addition of Rune will almost certainly lead to another big commitment at either 184 or HWT in the next year or two.

With Jordan Titus being in the bottom end of the lineup, Ty Watters and Brody Conley being more in the middle of the lineup and having Rune at the top end of the lineup will hopefully make it more enticing for future recruits knowing they will have good practice partners scattered throughout the lineup.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed May 10, 2023 6:31 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:This is a fantastic commitment for the Mountaineers. I think the addition of Rune will almost certainly lead to another big commitment at either 184 or HWT in the next year or two.

With Jordan Titus being in the bottom end of the lineup, Ty Watters and Brody Conley being more in the middle of the lineup and having Rune at the top end of the lineup will hopefully make it more enticing for future recruits knowing they will have good practice partners scattered throughout the lineup.

The word on the street is this recruit wants to stay close to home. I wish him great success and luck at WVU. Once he hits his third year at WVU, he will need much luck.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Why are you such a Debbie downer? What has the coaches ever do too you? These guys are bringing in some really good guys the last few years and building something. Sorry they didn’t recruit you or someone you know. But dang just drop all of your negativity!

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Fri May 12, 2023 8:08 am

Bearhugger wrote:
Jon Perkins wrote:This is a fantastic commitment for the Mountaineers. I think the addition of Rune will almost certainly lead to another big commitment at either 184 or HWT in the next year or two.

The word on the street is this recruit wants to stay close to home. I wish him great success and luck at WVU. Once he hits his third year at WVU, he will need much luck.

Get back under your bridge Troll...This is the fifth recruiting class in a row that this coaching staff has brought in a Top 35 Recruit. Whether you think so or not, that is pretty good. This team will likely never be able to bring in 5 of the Top 10 recruits from one class so the progress in bringing in top talent will be slow, which it is, but the talent level throughout the lineup is getting better.

Based on your logic, you are saying that Peyton Hall is going to start having some down years. I don't see that happening.

indywvu

Postby indywvu » Mon May 15, 2023 4:23 pm

Shaun wrote:Why are you such a Debbie downer? What has the coaches ever do too you? These guys are bringing in some really good guys the last few years and building something. Sorry they didn’t recruit you or someone you know. But dang just drop all of your negativity!

Amen!!!

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:21 pm

Future heavyweight. Big get. I’m assuming this means Kehler is not bound to be a Mountaineer. Would of been nice.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:29 pm

Letsgooo wrote:Future heavyweight. Big get. I’m assuming this means Kehler is not bound to be a Mountaineer. Would have been nice.

I don’t think Rune will grow into a HWT. He is a big kid but not that big. I think Brock Kehler is definitely on the radar and would be much needed and welcomed. Brock did wrestle on the same team with Ty Waters, Shawn Taylor, and Rune Lawrence at the NHSCA duals.

JohnK73

Postby JohnK73 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Isn’t he like 6’4”? Not sure how close he is in weight now, but still has another year of high school, I would guess he would move to heavy weight in college. Maybe a year at 197, but kids start to fill out

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:48 am

Lawrence is most definitely a future HW. He’s a legit 6’3”+ and long.
I can’t imagine this is a good sign for Kehler to land at wvu unfortunately. Not that it would be bad to have two tall athletic HWs. Now we just need a couple light weight transfers lol. Another Cardinale would be nice haha

CoachHughes

Postby CoachHughes » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:12 am

I think if WVU wants Kehler they get him. Dad was a HW here and I’d hope he’d want his son to carry on his legacy as a Mountaineer. His dad was here and got to roll with Greg Jones back in the day. His boys are absolute studs… let’s hope he stays home.

JohnK73

Postby JohnK73 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:00 pm

Can never have enough talent in the room. I think Cooley has another 2 yrs of eligibility, after this season as well.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 am

CoachHughes wrote:I think if WVU wants Kehler they get him. Dad was a HW here and I’d hope he’d want his son to carry on his legacy as a Mountaineer. His dad was here and got to roll with Greg Jones back in the day. His boys are absolute studs… let’s hope he stays home.

Ohhhh I did not know this. Thank you very much for the info. Hope that’s what he chooses to wrestle and wvu goers after him. Don’t want to see him following Felix lol.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:55 pm

CoachHughes wrote:I think if WVU wants Kehler they get him. Dad was a HW here and I’d hope he’d want his son to carry on his legacy as a Mountaineer. His dad was here and got to roll with Greg Jones back in the day. His boys are absolute studs… let’s hope he stays home.

D2 schools are going to be all over him for football. Wouldn’t be surprised if WVU offers him as an IWO. Still hoping he goes for wrestling lol

Return to “Collegiate”