Lennox Wolak transfer to Vtech

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Letsgooo

Lennox Wolak transfer to Vtech

Postby Letsgooo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:22 pm

Obviously doesn’t affect WVU but it does affect WV’s best high school wrestler Gage Wright. With Lewis leaving Vtech I thought Wright had a very good shot at going right in and starting as a true freshman. He still might but with Wolak being an AA at 174 it looks like Wright will get a redshirt year. Pretty nice setup for VT. Wolak only has one year left so Wright RS’s then has four years to start.

NJwvu12

Re: Lennox Wolak transfer to Vtech

Postby NJwvu12 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 pm

Letsgooo wrote:Obviously doesn’t affect WVU but it does affect WV’s best high school wrestler Gage Wright. With Lewis leaving Vtech I thought Wright had a very good shot at going right in and starting as a true freshman. He still might but with Wolak being an AA at 174 it looks like Wright will get a redshirt year. Pretty nice setup for VT. Wolak only has one year left so Wright RS’s then has four years to start.

They also have Ryan Burton a NJ state champ that’s been ranked higher then Wright coming in 2 years and as of now he projects as a 174 , Wright could end up never starting , v tech is pretty set with Stewart at 184 , Sasso at 197 and Mullen at heavy for the next 3-4 years

Letsgooo

Re: Lennox Wolak transfer to Vtech

Postby Letsgooo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:30 pm

Yeah Burton is tough but wright has beat him a couple times. Plus like ya said he has another year of HS.

You’re right that vtech is set at 184-HW for the next few years. It’s interesting because I think Wright could easily move up but as of right now that doesn’t seem to be an option until he’s a junior or senior.

I know a lot of teams are hoping and Wanting Stewart to transfer. Especially the Hawkeyes.

It’s amazing what vtech has been able to do. Dresser built them up and their new coach hasn’t missed a beat and has kept them getting better. Same with NC state. If WVU could ever reach either of those teams level of recruiting and winning I’d be extremely happy lol.

Return to “Collegiate”