recruiting college campus visit advise

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
potomac highlander

recruiting college campus visit advise

Postby potomac highlander » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:36 pm

I will have the privilege to travel with a wv h.s. senior to various universities that show interest in him for their wrestling program. What questions should we ask? What should we be looking for? Some are out of state. We have singled out schools that have the right academic programs.

Bearhugger

Re: recruiting college campus visit advise

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 pm

It doesn't look like you have got much feedback yet.

I suggest you guys incorporate some thoughts about "life after wrestling" in your selection process. Going to a school in a larger town could lead to getting a job in the same town after school. In addition, many fellow students could end up in the same town. It always helps to know some people.

Also, the farther away one goes to school, the harder it is to visit home. How important is this?

Good luck.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

russling

Postby russling » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:27 pm

My son narrowed his visits to about 5. My wife and I went to about 3 of them. All schools ranged from 2.5 to 9 hrs away. Just campus tours, lunch and wrestling facilities. Then met with coach in office to discuss money, redshirting and more wrestling. Limited talk about education as a whole but some. Most of the questions came days later with the emphasis on money.

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:35 pm

your right Bearhugger, I was about to think no one would respond which is why I havent responded sooner. Thanks for both of the replies. Since my post I have made two visits and had similar results as russling.

Return to “Collegiate”