Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 2

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 2

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:53 am

BEAR TRACKS 2022 - 2023

Edition – 2

Date of Issue: December 22, 2022 <<<<As of December 22, 2022 action.

1. Wrestlers are ranked per established criteria. Ranking will change as head to head matches occur, wrestlers change weight classes and when a wrestler enters into action.

Weight Classes: 215 to 285

AA/A 215
1 Casto Clay County
2 Worstell Nitro
3 Ours Fairmont Senior
4 Helm East Fairmont
5 Vandall Greenbrier West
6 Burnside Doddridge County
7 Moffitt Point Pleasant
8 Howell Winfield
9 Wilt Berkeley Springs
10 Hart Independence
11 Bishop Braxton County
12 Martin Wheeling Central

AA/A 285
1 Weaver Point Pleasant
2 Isom Independence
3 McLaughlin Braxton County
4 Facemire Braxton County JV
5 Arbogast Fairmont Senior
6 Morris Clay County
7 Ohlinger Wahama

AAA 215
1 Kehler University
2 Brothers Wheeling Park
3 Allen St. Albans
4 Wise Brooke
5 Mullins Greenbrier East
6 Truman Oak Hill

AAA 285
1 Summers Bridgeport
2 Roberts Greenbrier East
3 McCann Spring Valley
4 Hasenbuhler Martinsburg
5 Naylor Oak Hill
6 Staub Hampshire
7 Atkins Huntington
8 Means Wheeling Park
9 Wright John Marshall
10 Hastings University
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Re: Bear Tracks - 215 to 285 Edition 2

Postby KDunbar » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:32 am

12/21/22 Wise, Brooke dec Brothers, WP ( I know WP never posts their result, especially individual results, on this site much but it's on OVAeC.org).

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:58 am

KDunbar wrote:12/21/22 Wise, Brooke dec Brothers, WP ( I know WP never posts their result, especially individual results, on this site much but it's on OVAeC.org).

That match will be incorporated in Edition 3. Thanks

Skeebo72

Postby Skeebo72 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:15 am

Matney from Pikeview is 22-1 on the season. He only wrestled the first day of the Fallen Heroes tournament , defeating the kid from GE 4-3 on a switch for a reversal with 15 seconds left. He lost to 4A Johnson Centrals 285 3-2 after 3 OTs. JCs 285 is 21-0 and has only went the distance twice all season. Marcus was struggling through the flu after the Hardwoods and threw up after his first match at the FH. Pikeview did not wrestle on Friday due to lack of transportation. The kid deserves some credit for a gutsy performance

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:26 am

It's now 1:26 AM.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:36 am

Brothers has a decision to make and none of his options appear very good at this juncture.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:39 am

Skeebo72 wrote:Matney from Pikeview is 22-1 on the season. He only wrestled the first day of the Fallen Heroes tournament , defeating the kid from GE 4-3 on a switch for a reversal with 15 seconds left. He lost to 4A Johnson Centrals 285 3-2 after 3 OTs. JCs 285 is 21-0 and has only went the distance twice all season. Marcus was struggling through the flu after the Hardwoods and threw up after his first match at the FH. Pikeview did not wrestle on Friday due to lack of transportation. The kid deserves some credit for a gutsy performance

I am looking forward to seeing Matney in action.

Are any of his 22 wins against these guys:

AA/A 285
1 Weaver Point Pleasant
2 Isom Independence
3 McLaughlin Braxton County
4 Facemire Braxton County JV
5 Arbogast Fairmont Senior
6 Morris Clay County
7 Ohlinger Wahama

The wrestlers listed above are where they are due to last season's state performance and/or who they have defeated so far this season. Please keep in mind that a lot of wrestling has occurred since Edition 2 has been posted. Arbogast had a big win at the Grafton Duals I have been told.

Please send me Pikeview's schedule.

Skeebo72

Postby Skeebo72 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:49 am

So 3-0 against the #2 in AAA over 2 years and 2-0 against the AAA #5 over the same time doesn’t mean anything? You don’t have to rank him and any more I say about he kid will push him farther down your list

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:33 pm

Skeebo72 wrote:So 3-0 against the #2 in AAA over 2 years and 2-0 against the AAA #5 over the same time doesn’t mean anything? You don’t have to rank him and any more I say about he kid will push him farther down your list

Explain to me how beating AAA wrestlers should cross reference to the AA/A ranking. The ranking system is based on setting the wrestlers on how they did at the previous state tournament to set the starting point. Head to head matches drive the changes.

I cannot rank an AA/A kid based on head to head wins against AAA opponents. The same logic applies to out of state wrestlers. Defeating state placers from Idaho, Hawaii, Alaska and Zimbabwe simply do not apply. They wouldn't apply in a regional seeding meeting either.

I have asked for Pikeview's schedule. You choose not to share.

What happened two years ago doesn't mean anything about today.

Another good point of Bear Tracks is it takes into consideration strength of schedule. If you are not wrestling the ranked wrestlers, then how can you say you are better than them? I do not play favorites, I do not discriminate, and I do not cave into popular demand.

There has been at least two wrestlers so far this season that people have put in a good word for. Both said wrestlers haven't won the big match yet. I KNOW both are very good wrestlers. The process is simply going to take longer for them.

Head to head wins drives the train.

I still would like to have Pikeview's schedule if you are willing to help.

Thank you and good luck.

PS: Although my team list is not complete YET, I did look for Pikeview regarding who is coming to the National Guard Duals. Didn't see them.

beachbum1234

Postby beachbum1234 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:01 am

Bearhugger wrote:
Skeebo72 wrote:So 3-0 against the #2 in AAA over 2 years and 2-0 against the AAA #5 over the same time doesn’t mean anything? You don’t have to rank him and any more I say about he kid will push him farther down your list

Explain to me how beating AAA wrestlers should cross reference to the AA/A ranking. The ranking system is based on setting the wrestlers on how they did at the previous state tournament to set the starting point. Head to head matches drive the changes.

I cannot rank an AA/A kid based on head to head wins against AAA opponents. The same logic applies to out of state wrestlers. Defeating state placers from Idaho, Hawaii, Alaska and Zimbabwe simply do not apply. They wouldn't apply in a regional seeding meeting either.

Another good point of Bear Tracks is it takes into consideration strength of schedule. If you are not wrestling the ranked wrestlers, then how can you say you are better than them? I do not play favorites, I do not discriminate, and I do not cave into popular demand.

There has been at least two wrestlers so far this season that people have put in a good word for. Both said wrestlers haven't won the big match yet. I KNOW both are very good wrestlers. The process is simply going to take longer for them.

Thank you and good luck.

PS: Although my team list is not complete YET, I did look for Pikeview regarding who is coming to the National Guard Duals. Didn't see them.

Bearhugger does have a set criteria for his system and ranking. If you follow it then you'd see where a "good word" and "defeating wrestlers out of classification" is in his criteria. If you'd like your guy ranked, set your own criteria and rank em. It isn't be all, end all. He is one guy. No offense to him but a committee would be cool.

Could use a coaches ranking soon, our high school basketball team is over taking our local newspaper programming and its annoying. Top ten in blocks and rebounds? that's great, but they won 2 games or so. Wrestling has enough trouble with positive news, lack of any doesn't help.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:17 am

beachbum1234 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Thank you and good luck.

Bearhugger does have a set criteria for his system and ranking. If you follow it then you'd see where a "good word" and "defeating wrestlers out of classification" is in his criteria. If you'd like your guy ranked, set your own criteria and rank em. It isn't be all, end all. He is one guy. No offense to him but a committee would be cool.

Could use a coaches ranking soon, our high school basketball team is over taking our local newspaper programming and its annoying. Top ten in blocks and rebounds? that's great, but they won 2 games or so. Wrestling has enough trouble with positive news, lack of any doesn't help.

In this situation, it appears Pikeview's schedule simply hasn't provided the opportunity for Mr. Matney yet. Furthermore, Pikeview's schedule is hard to find.

Return to “High School Wrestling”