State Duals individual match results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
KDunbar

State Duals individual match results

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:31 am

I hate to be the one to complain, but if the WV State Duals are an important enough of an event to hold and the results and efforts of the kids are important I would think it would be important to those in charge and the coaches of the kids to make sure the results are available for them to get credit for their efforts. Wrestling likes to complains about the lack of coverage and interest but it would be like football and basketball to supply only the final scores and no record of anything that happened in the games. Imagine even the sport of cross country just listing the team points without any mention of any participant. If the individual results are available somewhere else I stand corrected, but I have seen no mention of that fact. This lack of interest in wrestling may be the cause of the decline in the sport and not the result of the decline. It surely can't be the job of the editor of this site to track them down and do all the work to format them to be presented here.

Doyablameme?

Re: State Duals individual match results

Postby Doyablameme? » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 am

Agreed

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:01 pm

No idea when they were posted, but they are in the scores section now.

http://www.wvmat.com/scores/23scores/00scjnhs.htm

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:16 pm

aacoach117 wrote:No idea when they were posted, but they are in the scores section now.

I'm guessing Jenny had to type them all in. Just thought there would be a better fan friendly and media friendly way for a High School State Championship event to be communicated. Don't want to sound ungrateful to those that organized and made the event possible. But the respect that the wrestling community gives to and handles the affair will speak to how others will perceive it.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:07 pm

KDunbar wrote:
aacoach117 wrote:No idea when they were posted, but they are in the scores section now.

I'm guessing Jenny had to type them all in. Just thought there would be a better fan friendly and media friendly way for a High School State Championship event to be communicated. Don't want to sound ungrateful to those that organized and made the event possible. But the respect that the wrestling community gives to and handles the affair will speak to how others will perceive it.

I get it. You are probably correct about Jenny doing it. It would be nice if someone other than TrackWrestling came up with an online scoring software that made it possible to easily make results public.

Return to “High School Wrestling”