AAA 106

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
runner

AAA 106

Postby runner » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm

A person can't help but notice several upsets that took place in this weight class in multiple regions. Are some of these young men peaking at the right time or is cutting weight getting to them......none the less....I wish them all the best! I expect to see some very good and close matches here this weekend! Who is your top picks?

Gator

Re: AAA 106

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I won't pick or choose favorites, but the 4 qualifiers in AAA region 1 were all very close to one another. Great matches all day between them. Any of them could be a state champion, IMO.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm

runner wrote:A person can't help but notice several upsets that took place in this weight class in multiple regions. Are some of these young men peaking at the right time or is cutting weight getting to them......none the less....I wish them all the best! I expect to see some very good and close matches here this weekend! Who is your top picks?

Good observation and who knows, it could be both. This weight class is one of the ones that is up for grabs. There is not one single dominant wrestler like there was last year?

I think 145 and 182 is up for grabs also. 132 is razor thin with the edge to Donahue.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aaacoach89

Postby aaacoach89 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 am

This weight class is so close. Most all the kids in the top 10 have faced each other at one point in time during the season, sometimes multiple times. The scores are always close. Some of these kids are peaking, figuring each other out (style wise), and some may have just had a bad day. I wouldn't sleep on any kid in this weight class to jump up and win it. From top to bottom, any of these kids can beat the other. I have seem all of them, but one in person this year.....and the kid I didn't see this year I watched last year. Should be an entertaining weight class to watch.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:11 am

Windland from South has been getting better all season and is peaking at the right time. I would not be surprised if he wins the state. I think maybe Wood from JM might have been sick or injured at the reginal. If so maybe he's better by state time and he could win. There's also Smith-PP, Byrd-PHS, Simpkins-Uni and Barbour-OH that could win. Haskins-Rip has a good shot at finishing in the top six.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 am

Wood from JM came down with a bug on Thursday night. Still wasn't feel great all weekend. Was week and not himself. He is happy he was able to do enough to get to Huntington. You will see the Wood you expect to see this weekend. You will see the #1 kid at his best.

hurrmat1

Postby hurrmat1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:26 am

I thought something must have been up with Wood for the 4th place finish in Regionals. I have seen him wrestle a few times this year, and he is a strong kid. I am sticking by my belief that this weight class is up for grabs. I think we are going to see some names that are not being considered as having a chance, shock and surprise some people. Bowen and Talbott both are not to be overlooked. Most scores have been close each time these kids face off, there is no run away favorite.

Return to “High School Wrestling”