Regional Seeding Criteria

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_williams

Regional Seeding Criteria

Postby coach_williams » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:25 pm

With so much talk about seeding states and the pill I think it is important to bring this up. The seeding criteria for each region is different. It should not be. A wrestler in one region should not be the #1 seed based on win/loss record while another region uses previous state placing as the first criteria. If we are going to be so concerned about proper seeding at states, then I think it is equally important to make sure that criteria at regionals is not biased and ensure that every wrestler in the state competes in regionals on the same basis.

Thoughts?

coach_stump

Re: Regional Seeding Criteria

Postby coach_stump » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Coach Williams, the critera for the regional seedings meetings is posted on the WVSSAC website. This is what we go by in Region 4 AA-A. Not sure who came up with this, maybe the coaches committee, but it is what we use.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:32 am

coach_williams wrote:With so much talk about seeding states and the pill I think it is important to bring this up. The seeding criteria for each region is different. It should not be. A wrestler in one region should not be the #1 seed based on win/loss record while another region uses previous state placing as the first criteria. If we are going to be so concerned about proper seeding at states, then I think it is equally important to make sure that criteria at regionals is not biased and ensure that every wrestler in the state competes in regionals on the same basis.

Thoughts?

I did not know that each region uses a different seeding criteria. If true, it makes zero sense.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm

My mistake. Guess I need to factcheck what people tell me before commenting.

aacoach81

Postby aacoach81 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:15 pm

YEP

aacoach81

Postby aacoach81 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Yeeeeep

Return to “High School Wrestling”