Board Shorts/Compression Shirt vs Singlets

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
rudai123

Re: Board Shorts/Compression Shirt vs Singlets

Postby rudai123 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Get rid of singlets at all levels. They are antiquated. If we want to grow the sport, this is the fastest way to do it. Period.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:37 pm

What kind of uniforms our wrestlers wear does not matter to me. I can see how the shirts and shorts might help the younger kids join and stay with the sport. As for some fat and squishy kid in high school, he (she) is too far gone. A baggy uniform is not going to give them the needed confidence. Besides, many 220 and 285 pounders have been wearing t-shirts under their singlets for years.

I think getting kids involved in weight training at an earlier age will do more good than providing different uniforms for them to hide behind. The weight training will give them real confidence. It will also help them in all sports and all aspects of life. What is one advantage to being weak and/or out of shape? None!

We didn't have girls wrestle back in my day. Now we do. I saw a girl wrestle in WV four years ago for the first time. I first thought it was ridiculous. However, I watched the same girl lay the smack down on two different boys this past season. That got me up and yelling. I have evolved. Some of these kids today are pathetic in their physical fitness. When a girl whips one of these guys, I love it! If a teenage boy is so out of shape, so weak, so terrible that a girl whips him on the mat............the real world will swallow him whole.

In the past two seasons, I see long haired boys wearing hair nets under their head gears. I recall the days when we would step off the scale and then have to have our hair trimmed. Hairnets on the mat now. No problem. I always root for the wrestler who is not wearing the hair net. Maybe the hairnets were allowed so the long haired freaky people would apply?

Girls have just added another element to the sport. Hairnets just help me decide who I want to win or lose. Changing the uniforms is no big deal.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

denialcotter28

Postby denialcotter28 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Hello there,

If you can please tell me which company to make & provide services for shorts? actually, my company needs shorts the reason is that my company ghost running a competition can you please suggest the best quality products & condition is that products are a long time using & share company details otherwise details share with me.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am

Our team tried the tight two piece and they hated them... never mind the loose shorts version. The uniform should be a singlet. If you want to wrestle bad enough, you'll get over it. In my opinion, we go overboard in today's society with trying to make everyone in every situation feel "comfortable". Well, wrestling isn't a "comfortable" sport as we all know. If I sound insensitive to the plight of those not wanting their "junk" to be seen or those who feel they just don't look good in a singlet, then maybe I am. I'm just one man and that's my opinion. What's next... everyone has to cover their eyes when a certain wrestler who doesn't like to be the center of attention on a mat, competes? I know that's an exaggeration, but where does it end? Flame away. LOL
Last edited by matcoach90 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RealGreco

Postby RealGreco » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Matcoach90

AMEN!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am

denialcotter28 wrote:Hello there,

If you can please tell me which company to make & provide services for shorts? actually, my company needs shorts the reason is that my company ghost running a competition can you please suggest the best quality products & condition is that products are a long time using & share company details otherwise details share with me.

Just stating this for possibly someone's protection and not to be critical, but doesn't the grammar in this post sound like that of a foreign based scam?

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 am

Amen to the opinion of matcoach 90 and my good friend Realgreco!!! I remember the days when we wore tights , and I remember the year we wnt to just singlets and I think that most kids really prefer singlets especially if they have promise at the next level , wrestle free style and Greco, and truly love the sport!! When we cater to a select few it makes it tough on the rest!!! I actually called the first girl wrestler's final ( Erica Dye) and also called Britanny Woodall's matches as well and called Samantha Miller from peewee to high school!! I wpould say to all of the doubters of girls wrestling that they take a look at these three!!! There have been many more girls who wrestled but those three come to mind for being competitive on the mat!! As a referee its hard to imagine calling matches where kids wear loosefitting Tshirts as a good referee does not feel for falls but looks for them, if the Tshirt would be on the mat I'd be slapping it!!!! Just saying it makes it much more difficult to call falls when kids wear Tshirts!!! GK

Return to “High School Wrestling”