North Marion Area MS/Mannington MS
Husky Pup -- Wrestling
- Coach: Brooks Russell
- Assistant Coach: Ryan Hinerman
- Conference affiliation: Mason Dixon Jr Hi,
- School colors: Black, white and silver
- School Address: 113 Clarksburg St, Mannington WV 26582
- School Phone: (304) 986-1050
- School FAX: (304) 986-1747
- County: Marion
- e-mail address, Brooks Russell : Brooksr93@gmail.com
- Athletic director: Mike Hays email@example.com
- Principal: Richard Ott -- Asst. Principal, Tyson Furgason
- Directions to school: From I-79 Exit on the Downtown Fairmont Exit #135 turn toward Fairmont from the ramp and proceed to 1st traffic light, turn left between Wendy's and McDonalds onto East Park Ave. and proceed through 2 traffic lights, turn right across the Robert Mollohan Bridge at the 3rd light. Continue through 2 lights and turn left onto Jackson St. at the 3rd light, proceed through 1 light and turn right onto US Rt. 250 North, remain for approximately 12 miles.
When entering approximately 1 mile from the City Limit sign, there is an Exxon Gas Station, immediately after this station turn left onto High St. follow it, winding, crossing a new "arched" bridge, through 1 intersection to a 4-way stop, proceed through and continue up High St. down to the bridge, turn left onto Church St. BEFORE crossing the bridge, continue approximately 1/4 mile and you will arrive at the Hough Park Gymnasium, this is not the school, however all athletic events take place there. It is a large beige stone building with a football field in front, parking is in the rear and around near the upper end of the football field. .....coming south on Rt. 250 turn right at the First Exchange Bank as you come into town onto Market St. bear right onto Buffalo St. at "double Bridges" in the middle of town..turn left on the 2nd "new" bridge, you can see the playground and the gym from this bridge...turn right onto Park Drive and travel 1 block.
In 2015, long time (35 yr) coach Mike Hays has stepped down from the reins and a former Mannington and North Marion wrestler, Brooks Russell has assumed control of the helm, and aiding as an Assistant for Brooks this season another former MMS and North Marion wrestler and former State Champion Ryan Hinerman. Mannington Middle School has had a wrestling team since 1979-80 when North Marion High School was opened, so we are proud of our traditions. Mannington's "claim to fame" is that all of North Marion's State Champions first wrestled at Mannington MS! Since 1998-99, when we petitioned the WVSSAC for a rule change, we have been a "cooperative" team through the WVSSAC guidelines, meaning students from North Marion High School's "feeder" schools can participate in wrestling at Mannington. In 2009-10 we decided to adopt the North Marion colors and logos to make our future Huskies welcomed to Mannington. We still wrestle at Mannington's Gymnasium, we simply changed our name.
The "Pups" placed 2nd in the 19 team Mason Dixon Conference in 2011, 1st in 2012 and 2 years placed 8th and last year 4th. They return several wrestlers this year and are looking forward to a great season.
Nov.28-Mason Dixon Scrimmage @ North Marion HS....8:00 A.M.
Dec. 8th Taylor Co. Duals @ Taylor Co.
Dec. 14th -Cameron Tournament
Dec. 16 Quad at South Morgantown
Dec. 27th Mountaineer Harrison Duals
Jan. 10th East Fmt. Duals
Jan 20th MLK Quad-@ MMS Gym 12:00 noon
Jan 21st Dual vs WFMS @North Marion
Jan.24th South Duals Tourn. @ Morgantown
Jan. 30-31 Mason Dixon Tournament @ Taylor
Updated 7/18/2015 12:00:00 AM
Jump to the North Marion Area MS/Mannington MS Home Page
Return to the WV-Mat front page