Milton Middle School
Panthers -- Wrestling
- Coach: Jim LeMaster
- Assistant Coach: Todd Grass, Corry Allen
- Conference affiliation: Cabell County
- School colors: Columbia and Navy blue, white
- School Address:
- 1 Panther Way
- School Phone: (304) 743-7308
- School FAX: (304) 743-7324
- County: Cabell
- Coach Address: (Coach LeMaster)
- 20 Meadow Creek
- Coach Phone (Coach LeMaster): (304) 733-4080
- e-mail address, Coach LeMaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletic director: Frank Barnett
- Principal: Dan Gleason
- May also contact Coach LeMaster at Cell phone (304) 654-0532
- Directions to school: Take Interstate 64 to the Milton Exit South 1/4 mile to US Route 60 West (Right) on Route 60 for about 1 1/2 Miles. You will see a Jet Plane and the old middle school building on your left. Continue West on US 60. Look for a large, white Funeral Home on the left. When you see this get ready to make a right turn onto Pine Haven Drive and go up the hill. Turn onto Panther Way. Note: The wrestling practice room is still located in the OLD middle school in the Wilson Building on the extreme western end.
The 2009-2010 year was a great one for the Panthers in a number of ways.
First of all, we won the Cabell Conference Championship for the sixth year in a row. No one in our conference has ever won more than two in a row. This years team continued to make history. Milton had 10 Individual Conference Champions, 4 Runners - up and 1 third. The Panthers crowned Hunter Fischer, Jordan Allen (2X), Logan Grass (2X), Bobby Mitchell, Tre' Martin, Mason White (2X), Chris Roberts, Justin Leggett, Kameron Stapleton and Tyler Hayes (2X) as individual champs and had four more in the finals.
Two wrestlers reached the 100 Win Mark for their careers, Tyler Hayes (115 Wins ) and Mason White (108 Wins). Just 11 other wrestlers in the history of our school have ever reached the century mark.
Milton finished the year ranked # 1 among the 103 middle school teams in the state in the WV Mat Coaches Poll. Milton won every tournament they entered except the Philo Invitational (65 teams) and the WV Duals where we faced some of the top teams in the country and finished a respectable 6th and 5th places . We had no losses to a team from WV. We competed with almost 150 teams from 5 different states and beat all but 6 of them. The Panthers won the prestigious Clash of Champions in Parkersburg (48 teams) and finished first at the WSAZ Championships (62 teams). Milton also finished first at the Charleston Invitational, the John Adams Falcon Invitational and were in 1st place when we were snowed out of the Jason Eades and could not compete the second day.
The Panthers had eight wrestlers place individually at WSAZ. We also set a record for the number of points scored in the 34 year history of the WSAZ tournament by a middle school.
There were three individual WSAZ champs, Jordan Allen, Logan Grass (2X) and Bobby Mitchell. These three guys had a combined record of an astounding 149-8 on the season. Milton's other place winners were: Devin Stapleton (5th), Mason White(3rd), Chris Roberts(4th), Kameron Stapleton (2nd) and Tyler Hayes (4th). Our JV team also had a good season and many kids placed and won awards at various events. All of this was only possible because of an incredible amount of dedication and hard work.
Academically, we excelled as well. An amazing 12 of our wrestlers made the WVMAT Academic All State Team with averages of 3.57 or above and another 7 made the WVMAT Academic Honor Roll. Our overall team grade point average was a fantastic 3.27 Nineteen out of twenty five wrestlers made the school honor roll during wrestling season!
The season ahead looks promising but we have much to do if we are to be successful. A number of wrestlers return but we will need to fill some open weight classes if we are to remain competitive but Tradition Never Graduates!
Hunter Fischer (7) 31-16
Jordan Allen (8) 49-2 (Capt.)
Devin Stapleton (7) 36-6
Logan Grass (8) 51-2 (Capt.)
Bobby Mitchell (8) 49-4 (Capt.)
Tre' Martin (8) 32-20
Sammy Holton (8) 35-17
Isaac Gibson (8) 41-16
Nathan Jefferson (8) 25-23
Brandon Warner (7) 28-22
Dustin Bouck, Alex Childers, Tyler Manchester,
Braydn Mohr, Andrew Henson, Tyler Cogar, Matthew Thompson
Goals for the upcoming season are:
1. Retain our Cabell Co. Championship
2. Stay among the top teams in the coaches poll
3. Stay among the top teams at the WSAZ Invitational
4. Improve our technique and conditioning
5. Improve our academic standing
6. Finish the season injury free
7. Pass the 100 mark for individual conference champions since school consolidation (We need seven more champions this season to do this).
Whether we reach these lofty goals will be determined by how hard we work in the practice room.
Jump to the Milton Middle School
Return to the WV-Mat front page
Return to the list of