Roane County High School
Raiders -- Wrestling
- Coach: Wayne Jarvis
- Assistant Coach: John McIntyre, Mike Roberts, David Satterfield
- Class: AA
- Region: 4
- Conference affiliation: LKC - Little Kanawha Conference,
- School colors: Maroon and silver
- School Address: One Raider Way, Spencer WV 25276
- School Phone: (304) 927-6420
- School FAX: (304) 927-6404
- County: Roane
- Coach Address: Wayne Jarvis, 526 Reedyville Rd., Spencer West Virginia 25276
- Coach Phone: Wayne Jarvis (304) 927-3630
- e-mail address, Wayne Jarvis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletic director: Toby Ford email@example.com
- Principal: Mitch Nida
- Directions to school: RCHS is located just a couple miles south of Spencer on Rt. 119. Approximately 25 miles East of Ripley Rt. 33, 30 miles north of Clendenin Rt. 119. We are about a 1hr. drive from both Charleston and Parkersburg.
Roane County High School is a consolidation of AA Spencer High School and A Walton High School.
Roane spent some years in the AAA classification but has been AA for several years now.
Originally coached by former Spencer High and Hall of Fame Coach, Garry Bender, Roane is now coached by Wayne Jarvis, a former state champion under Bender.
Roane is assisted by another former champion from Spencer High School, Mike Roberts and two former champions from Parkersburg High School, John McIntyre and David Satterfield.
Roane County has a proud tradition of wrestling dating back to the earlier Spencer High School days as part of the storied history in the Little Kanawha Conference.
Spencer/Roane County has the distinction of producing Five (5) 4-time state champions: Matt Ashley, Rich Greathouse, Todd Kendall, Josh Fisher, and Dylan Cottrell. Spencer and Roane have had multiple 3-time, 2-time, and 1-time state champions, the bulk of which came under Bender while at Spencer High. Roane has yet to win a state team title, as Spencer had done on a few occasions, but Roane has been able to maintain a reputation as one of the top level teams in WV and has produced some elite level wrestlers during it's existence. Among some of the top wrestlers in WV, Roane has produced the best of the best, with back-to-back Robert Dutton Award winners in 4-time champions and All-Americans Josh Fisher in 2011 and Dylan Cottrell in 2012.
Jump to the Roane County High School Home Page
Return to the WV-Mat front page