WEST VIRGINIA MAT THOUGHTS
by Dr. Bill Welker
... on the "Top 20 Wrestler Alibis"
Wrestling is a contest for "Champions." And folks, true champions don't always win, but
neither do they make alibis. There is no room for "self-pity" in the mat sport. However, if you are
wanting for an excuse or two, the following "classics" are perfect. After all, they've helped many
a loser in the past.
Remember, the above list was compiled to allay the problem of
embracing the proper alibi to suit the occasion. I hope you're never in need of any.
- 1. I ate too much.
- 2. I didn't eat enough.
- 3. I over-trained.
- 4. I didn't train enough.
- 5. I warmed-up too much.
- 6. I didn't warm-up enough.
- 7. I wasn't "psyched."
- 8. I was "psyched up" too much.
- 9. I couldn't breath.
- 10. I thought I was having a heart attack.
- 11. I couldn't sleep last night.
- 12. I had too much sleep last night.
- 13. I was too cold.
- 14. I was having "hot" flashes.
- 15. The referee cheated me.
- 16. My girlfrined just cheated on me.
- 17. I have an emotional problem.
- 18. Nobody cares.
- 19. My coach doesn't like me.
- 20. I don't like my coach.
Return to the West Virginia Mat Thoughts Index Page
Return to the WV-Mat front page
Updated July 28, 1997